Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Dim Light Sometimes Excessively Dark

Edited 1573310270
GM Michael
API Scripter
Two of my players (one on a Yoga and the other on a Surface Pro 2, both using latest Chrome) experienced dynamic lighting being excessively dark for them yesterday during our session when they were in dim light.  Their tokens were giving them vision, but it was extremely dim, to the point that they could not make out anything on the map if it wasn't very close to their token. If I as the DM used Ctrl+L to look from the perspective of one of their tokens, the map was the normal dim light brightness.  The game board account I have that I cast to my TV that can see everyone's perspective looked fine as well.  The other two players in the party experienced the lighting normally. The two affected players had their laptop displays at maximum brightness.
Hi Michael G. - Hmmm, based on initial reaction, this sounds like a device-specific problem. However, for us to best investigate, would you mind providing the following below information from your player's computers, please? Thanks! Their computer's settings (A good place to find this info if you don't know it is  Support Details ): Browser Version Operating System If Javascript is enabled Their anti-virus software List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled Console log from the time at which they experience the issue
both were using... Chrome Version 78.0.3904.87 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 JavaScript would have been running They just use Windows Defender Add-ons/Extensions: [TBD] Console logs can't be retrieved at this point, though if we run into it next session, I'll post them.