Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I cannot click on this button and pull up those settings. Does anyone know how to fix this? it started like 4ish months ago.

No one in my party can click on this button and correct some weird defaults like 2d20 for every roll. Is this a weird setting or a bug in the system? thanks for any help. This is inconvenient for many more reasons than just changing every default for every roll.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, there have been a few reports along these lines over that sheet. The Community Contributed sheet has not been updated in over two years, and is not likely to ever be.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In terms of the setting in question, for streamlined play most 5e digital sheets will default to 2d20 so that you can quickly apply advantage/disadvantage to a roll even when it wasn't caught before the roll was made. In the event of neither of those applying it is generally accepted to take the first roll and ignore the second. A lot of people do prefer to turn that off or make it a query option so I can understand your desire to toggle it but like Keith says, you might be out of luck with that sheet unless you make your own macros to bypass the sheets rolls.
You can try another browser (Firefox if you are using Chrome, or vice versa) to see if you can open that control and change it. If it happens in both browsers, there is a manual workaround. It's kludgy, but you can add the field in the Attributes & Abilities tab and edit it there. Under Attributes , click the + Add button. Add a new attribute named default_ro and set its Current value to 0 (zero). Add another attribute named ro_default_rolltype and set its Current value to one of the following values: {{showadvroll=1}} {{roll2=[[ 1d20 (Rolls 2d20 - the sheet's default) {{noadvroll=1}}     (Rolls 1d20 only) ?{Roll type?|Normal,&#123&#123noadvroll=1&#125&#125|Advantage,&#123&#123rollhasadv=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123roll2=[[1d20|Disadvantage,&#123&#123rollhasdisadv=1&#125&#125 &#123&#123roll2=[[1d20} (Prompts for Advantage/Disadvantage) {{rollhasadv=1}} {{roll2=[[ 1d20 (Always roll with Advantage) {{rollhasdisadv=1}} {{roll2=[[ 1d20 (Always roll with Disadvantage) Hope this helps!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ha! You speak as if you have done this before!
No, I actually play 3.5 with a custom sheet. :-) Just had some time to look at the 5E Community sheet in a test game.