Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Error on cloning GitHub repository

Edited 1573590723
Phenomen
Translator
Here is error I get on cloning character sheet repository. It seems like "Fallout: Vaults & Deathclaws PNP" is causing some issues (":" is illegal character for folder/file names so it might be that). Windows 10, GitHub Desktop App.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd raise that as an issue on the github repository. They definitely shouldnt have colons in the folder names.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GiGs, there is already a GitHub issue from 4 hours ago adressing this.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My advice is so good, people couldnt wait for me to say it before carrying it out!

Edited 1573594189
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GiGs said: My advice is so good, people couldnt wait for me to say it before carrying it out! You gotta stop creating these time paradoxes, your sheetworker are mindboggling enough to handle as it is. :D
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hehe, thanks :)
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi, since the issue on  GitHub regarding this problem has been closed I'm wondering if I am the only one that continues getting errors. I now can clone the repository but when I do (on Windows) the folder "Fallout Vaults Deathclaws PNP" only contains the PNG-file, the JSON-file and a 0 KB "File"-file, neither HTML nor CSS. Because of this, commiting a change to any sheet results in an error because the path of the CSS and HTML files is not correct (they stil contain colons). Can anyone verify that? Greetings!

Edited 1574332769
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
That's weird. The folder is properly renamed, and the repository contains the folder in it's current state. Did you make a justa local cloe on your windows computer, or did you fork the repo on GitHub?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I would recommend deleting the repository on hard drive, and downloading it again. But first, you might want to check your fork online - it might still have the colons.

Edited 1574340934
Loki
Sheet Author
Hi! Thank you for your replies. In fact I already deleted the whole repository from both my HDD and my Github Account, reforked it and pulled the Roll20-repository as well as my fork several times. Well, as I said, now I can clone the repository, because there is no longer a colon in the folder name. But there are still colons in the file names of the CSS and HTML file: As long as there is no strange caching problem within my browser you can verify this by clicking here. I think the reason why there is no copy of the CSS and the HTML file in my local repository, no matter how many times I clone it, is the fact that there are still colons in their file names. But I'm willing to correct myself if I am the only one with this problem (but, to be honest, then I really have no clue why this error occurs). Eclipse says this if I want to commit something: Greetings!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Loki said: I think the reason why there is no copy of the CSS and the HTML file in my local repository, no matter how many times I clone it, is the fact that there are still colons in their file names. Oh damn, you're absolutely right. It seems just the Folder name was fixed, and those files weren't noticed. I'll submit a PR to fix those, so it can hopefully laid to rest next week.
Loki
Sheet Author
Thank you!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
PR with fix submitted .
Fingers crossed! Waiting for the Old-School Essentials sheet for some time now.