Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

If You Would Like to Learn To Play or Get Reintroduced to D&D and Use Roll20 Here is Your Opportunity

Edited 1574104829
Ajax
Pro
Why pay for an introductory D&D Adventure? This Game is FREE! If you are one of the many, many players out here who have recently discovered Roll20 and Dungeon and Dragons 5th Edition or if you are an Older Player who would like to get back into the Role Playing Game, this may be an opportunity for you.  The DM: I have been running D&D games for the last 45 years. I have played with most of the original authors of the game, including both Gary Gygax and Dave Arenson, but I digress. I have two long running campaigns running right now here on Roll20, but I would like to Run an Introductory Game for those just getting into or back into D&D. My regular campaigns are both totally home brew but this one will use The Lost Mine of Phandelver as the adventure. The game you will play in, will have you, no matter how much experience you've had, playing within minutes of joining the first session. There are PreGenerated Characters to use or if you like you can create your own level 1 character, but it must be loaded well before the first session so that all the game macros can be added to it. The PreGenerated characters are ready to go as soon as you join. The Game will most Likely take Place on Monday or Tuesday Nights, at 7:00 PM CST (midwest USA). Sessions will run 3 Hours. Edit: The first session will be November 25th (Monday). What do I have to do to join this Game? You Must Be Reliable and willing to show up for the Game on time ready to play . This campaign should take between 6 to 8 sessions and will Play around 3 Times per Month. You must have a Mic and Headset or the Equivalent , no video is used. You must be courteous and non confrontational. And you must have an IMAGINATION! The Game is Open to Anyone, if you are seriously interested and really want to learn D&D and Roll20 then Post the Following Here : Your Age: Any D&D Experience: And any of the Pre Generated or Your Own Characters You Would Like to Play. Note: Anyone who Posts here will be contacted by Private Message so watch for a PM if you Sign Up. If you already have a character created and would like to use it, List that Character instead of a Pre Gen. Please use the Player's Handbook or Free Basic Rules Only. We use the Roll20 OGL character sheet. Creation Guidelines: Use the Standard Array, 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8. Level 1. The Pre Generated Characters Available: Human Fighter (noble), Human Fighter (Folk Hero), Halfling Rogue, Elf Wizard, and Dwarf Cleric. If Accepted You Will Get: A game that is fully automated so that a few points and clicks handle most of the tedium so you can concentrate on the real reason for playing HAVING FUN and ROLE PLAYING . With content equal or exceeding any Paid Game. Last Word: You will have fun, learn how to play and use Roll20, and be ready to move on when this one is over. And one more reminder Do Not Bother Signing Up if you have No intention of NOT Showing Up for the First Session, when you do this it excludes a Reliable Player who didn't get in because you took his spot and then crapped out. YES I UNDERSTAND REAL LIFE HAPPENS , just drop a Private Message and let us know that's all any of US who are DMs ask for. Thank you for reading this.

Edited 1574104029
Ajax
Pro
First session has been determined to start Monday the 25th of November (next Monday), 7:00 PM CST.
A complete party has Not Yet Been Determined, still slots open... -Ajax
Your Age: I'm 31 Any D&D Experience:  Not very much! (I was part of a 5e campaign that ran for maybe 3-5 sessions last year, and that’s about it!) I have a character of my own that I would like to play (a Half-Elf Paladin). I am creating a character sheet for them now.
Three of the slots have been filled: A Wizard, Rogue, and Cleric, the last two slots will be filled by players playing fighter types. -Ajax
One slot remains, the first player to come up with a Human Fighter Type Concept will get this spot. Anyone agreeing to play one of the Pre Generated Fighters will be accepted Immediately and be given the Link. Don't sign up if you cannot commit to this campaign. -Ajax
Age: 29 Any D&D Experience: Not yet! I'm a huge fan of NADDPod and Dimension 20 so I have a basic understanding of the game mechanics. I'll gladly play a pre-generated character. 

Edited 1574171389
Your Age: 27 Any D&D Experience: A few hours, other campaign barely meets up. I was playing a ranger in the other campaign but I can play a fighter. The original premade character I had was a fighter my dm just allowed me to change it for roleplay. As for the rules I'm still very new to the game, I will try my best to learn as we go.

Edited 1574621945
Ajax
Pro
We can accept one more player... -Ajax
This Game is scheduled to start tomorrow night (Monday) at 7:00 PM CST, we have room for one more player. Post here if interested and can show up for the first session. Include your age and any 5E and or Roll20 Experience. Thank you. -Ajax
Ajax!
Jack age 29 D&d experience: tons of experience in 3.5 but new to 5th. I have only played for a few weeks. I have used roll20 a bit for v4 though and all my 5 experience is on roll20.  Would love to join if it is not too late. I would play a wizard if there is a spot for me. I'd like to try a gnome