Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Crit Damage when field empty

Edited 1573958044
Greetings! If I remember correctly, when the Crit Damage field of an attack was left blank  (and therefore had a grayed out example) , crit damage wouldn't be rolled at all. Yet for some time, even when this field is blank, additional crit damage is being rolled. I can't imagine this is the intent. I know that I could just enter a  0  in the field, but this would still result in a  "+ 0"  outputting to the chat log. I'd like to avoid this kind of clutter and avoid the additional crit damage from being rolled at all. My campaigns use the  Critical Hit Deck for Players  by  Nord Games , as such I don't want the system to roll additional crit damage. PS. Crit Range was temporarily changed to 1 for testing. Update from original posting: Now when a 0  is entered into the crit damage, it still rolls the damage. There has to be someway to simply prevent the damage from getting rolled. When this character sheet was new, it wouldn't roll the crit damage until you manually entered something in the crit damage field. The other concern with this sheet automatically rolling crit damage, is that it applies to NPCs as well.  This may be a better post in suggestions, but it seems it would serve the community better to have another drop down menu on the sheet with the  Roll Queries , Whisper Rolls to GM , and Auto Damage Roll drop downs. This would allow users to choose their own type of crit damage. Examples could include: double dice maximum damage nothing other (manual entry field) These options seem to accommodate every user's desired crit damage.
Hey PapaWhiskey11, I wasn't able to recreate this issue on my end so I've escalated it to Dev.  Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please have your player thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
I can consistently recreate this issue in multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge). I can consistently recreate this issue with or without extensions/addons enabled. I have previously cleared the cache. It seem that no matter what I do on my end, the critical damage is automatically getting rolled regardless of what is entered in the CRIT field. I can enter a value of 0d8 but this still results in a "+ 0" in chat.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you don't mind losing the green highlighting that indicates a hit, you could change the crit range to 21.
Yeah, I had thought about that. But as every player has different bonus to their attack rolls, it wouldn't be a feasible to identify crits. And this doesn't affect NPC sheets.