Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] Tyranny of Dragons Bug Thread

Edited 1571764053
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Tyranny of Dragons ! Quick Guide Accessing your content Module Tyranny of Dragons contains three modules : Hoard of the Dragon Queen , the Rise of Tiamat , and Tyranny of Dragons . To create a new game based off of one of the modules, click on the Start New Game option from the site menu. The column on the right-hand side of the page is titled Optional: Choose a Module. Underneath this are thumbnail tiles for all the various Roll20 modules that are available. For the ones you have purchased, mousing over the thumbnail will make a checkmark icon appear over the thumbnail tile. Clicking on the tile will select this module to be used as the base for this new game. Compendium You can access all of the Tyranny of Dragons items and monsters in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . Art Pack You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. Frequently Asked Questions Which Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the D&amp;D 5E by Roll20 sheet. What if I already owned the Tyranny of Dragons Bundle? You have been automatically upgraded to receive the combined module, compendium, and art pack from Tyranny of Dragons . You will still have access to your existing game content and the individual Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the Rise of Tiamat modules. Will Hoard of the Dragon Queen and/or the Rise of Tiamat receive patches with this content? Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the Rise of Tiamat individual modules will not receive the bonus content original to Tyranny of Dragons product released October 22, 2019, including Roll20 compendium, art pack, and additional textual content. Hoard of the Dragon Queen Patch 1.4 updates episode 1 content to reflect content changes made in Tyranny of Dragons . I purchased Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the Rise of Tiamat separately, will I receive the new Tyranny of Dragons content? No, to receive additional content please purchase the&nbsp; Tyranny of Dragons bundle. If you have recently purchased both Hoard of the Dragon Queen and the Rise of Tiamat please contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What is the issue, How is it affecting your game, What is happening, What should happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue&nbsp;

Edited 1571768878
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Hi Ashton! Not a problem, just wanted to say how much I appreciate the most recent modules adding Compendium support (edited to add: also the art packs - those are also really great to have in my tool belt!). Having NPCs, module specific monsters, magic items, and rules in drag-and-drop format for my games is incredibly helpful. I'm hopeful one day to see the older modules have the Compendium treatment applied, but this really isn't a post asking for that - just a comment on how beneficial I find this newer feature. Thanks as always to you and anyone else on the team for your hard work that makes my DM'ing easier!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thanks, Loren! I'll happily pass along that feedback to the team. Happy gaming!
Hey there. I bought both Tyranny of Dragons modules WAY back when they first came out. I'd like to access the new content, but there's no chance I'm paying the full price of both modules for a few extra bits, when I've ALREADY paid full price for the games when they first came out. Is there any way I can get the compendium expansions and such without paying another $50? Since you can't buy them seperately.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
TheInnkeeper said: Hey there. I bought both Tyranny of Dragons modules WAY back when they first came out. I'd like to access the new content, but there's no chance I'm paying the full price of both modules for a few extra bits, when I've ALREADY paid full price for the games when they first came out. Is there any way I can get the compendium expansions and such without paying another $50? Since you can't buy them seperately. If you bought the bundle, they are already upgraded. If you bought them separately, the FAQ says:&nbsp; I purchased&nbsp; Hoard of the Dragon Queen&nbsp; and the&nbsp; Rise of Tiamat&nbsp; separately, will I receive the new&nbsp; Tyranny of Dragons&nbsp; content? No, to receive additional content please purchase the&nbsp; Tyranny of Dragons&nbsp; bundle. If you have recently purchased both&nbsp; Hoard of the Dragon Queen &nbsp;and the&nbsp; Rise of Tiamat&nbsp; please contact&nbsp; <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> . I'd say emailing would be your best bet.
Hello, So I just purchased the module, created a new game, had the check mark and everything. When I create the game however, nothing shows up. Attached is a picture of what I mean. Please help!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Mr Dude - Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble! I've looked into your game and am unable to replicate the issue. Please let me know if this has not resolved itself so we can diagnose farther. Thanks!

Edited 1572469904
I have a disconcerting issue. I had a Rise of Tiamat module game that seems to have disappeared! I created a new game with the combined module and was going to migrate things over, but now the game that held our game state has just disappeared! Edit: I've sent an email to the roll20 team email for support, just listing this here as a weird thing that happened.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Brendan - Thank you for the report! I'll let the team know this is coming in and will update here if this has wider effect than just your game.&nbsp;
Every chapter starts with an Introduction to that chapter, except for Chapter 9 starting with "Introduction to Episode 1"
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Tyranny of Dragons Patch 1.1 Updated Introduction to Chapter 9 handout title Deleted extraneous macro and updated macro names for clarity

Edited 1574023087
Hi. I'm running a campaign, "A Shadow in the North," which includes some material transmogrified from The Rise of Tiamat (which I bought prior to the bundle). I just brought in a new map, "Arauthator's Lair" and placed my players on it. The game quickly froze (it never loaded for my players) and now none of us can get back into the game. We get to a black screen where things are loading, but they never actually load and we time out.&nbsp; I CAN run and load other games, so it seem just this game (and this map?) might be the issue. Can you advise? Edit: I just loaded the same map inside another game, made a slight change (to a character's sight) and the same thing happened. So it seems to be the map (it's pretty big, although I've used bigger ones). So, I assume the map is unusable? Can I save my game or do I need to start a new one?
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Mark - I'm sorry you're having issues! I'm not able to replicate in a new game, but I do see the issue you're having with your game on my machine. Could you clarify which browser and operating system you're using? I'll have devs investigate this problem. Thanks!

Edited 1574198997
Hey Ashton, I have an (maybe similar) issue with the Arauthators Lair page in RoT. Having Dynamic Lightning enabled and it being a very large map I am running into serious performance issues with both Firefox and Chrome even though I have a fairly decent computer. I worry that it will be unplayable for some of my players. Maybe in a future update the map could be split up into 2? I also realise that this will be too late for me so Ive tried and duplicate the page in order to delete the dynamic lightning markings and just black out half the map on each copy but duplicating the page just gives me a blank page. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks for the help PS I also saw that the dimensions for this map were wrong in the beginning which led to some confusion for my players. According to the notes on the map a square should be 5 ft but it is set up as 10 ft, but that was easy to fix. EDIT I should mention that I realise that it is set up as squares being half a grid and so on but the ruler tool just showed wrong distances and now with the "wrong" changed settings, it works.

Edited 1574300422
Thanks for the reply, Ashton. I'm using Chrome ( Version 78.0.3904.97)&nbsp; with Windows 10 (Home) edition (on a AMD A10-9600P Radeon R5 2.4 GHz and 8 GB RAM.) I was wondering if it might be my slower modem speed: about 40 MB down and 10 MB upload. EDIT: I just followed the advice of CeeJay B. which seems to have fixed the issue. I rolled back the game to the day before I imported the new map, deactivated advanced fog of war on the map in my Return of Tiamat (without loading it), re-imported the Lair into my custom game and now it seems to work just fine. So, my immediate problems are solved. I don't often use advanced fog; for future reference, does it often cause problems on big maps? Thank you both for the help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It can cause performance issues on big maps, but mostly when combined with Global Illumination. That seems to be a deal-breaker.
I don't know if this is intentional, but Restrict Movement is disabled on all maps. I noticed the same in my two essentials kit-games, but not in my homebrew. If memory doesn't fail me, I was turned on when I started the games, but got switched of after an update
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Jens - Hi there! We don't enable restrict movement as part of our default settings (you can find them the Game Settings handout in Roll20 Information), but, as always, feel free to update them to your preferences in your own game! Thanks for playing :)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some folks prefer it off, so the GM is not continually required to open doors.

Edited 1574777951
That&nbsp; makes sense.&nbsp; Then I will simply remember to turn it on when needed ;)
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Hi all, merging this into the WotC Bug Megathread ! Please direct any additional module or compendium content bugs there.