Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Colour Swatches are Screwed

So I have this fun new bug to add to the list. Way too frequently, when I attempt to tint a token by bringing up the coloured swatches... The entirety of roll20 just implodes. Everything turns white and freezes for up to a minute, and when it comes back, everything is sluggish, broken, flickering and all-in-all, completely and utterly unusable. By restarting it, the issue is fixed until I next attempt to colour a token. It's a difficult bug to replicate because there seems to be some sort of condition that must happen first before colour swatches break, but I can't figure out what it is yet. I'm on Firefox This issue is brand new. It's only been happening for the last few days. I have windows Defender as my firewall The browser appears to be up to date No plugins or addons. I will try to get a console thing next time it happens.
Hello Angry_Rope, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. To rule out possible issue,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through all of the requested information in  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log! Thank you!
So when the glitch happens, it gives me this scrawl of nonsense: Could it have something to do with the yellow text? I'm not sure what assets those are referring to.
Hi Angry_Rope - Unfortunately, there isn't anything in that console log that stands out as causing this. To confirm, was this a console log from the point in which the issue occurred? Also, do you remember if the issue occurred with a specific color you chose? Has this problem popped up on only one game or multiple games? Any additional information you can provide regarding this is appreciated.
It occurs whenever I use the virtual tabletop for a while and then try to bring up the colour swatch pallet. It doesn't allow me to continue to actually tinting anything. I don't really know what else I can offer, I'm afraid. It only started happening a few weeks ago and it's quite frustrating.
Hi Angry_Rope - Hmmm, very strange - I have been unable to reproduce anything like this in my testing. Is this occurring on just one game? Or is it across multiple games? Also, have you tried testing the issue on Chrome instead of Firefox? If so, were the results the same?
I'm trying to post my console log but the forum won't let me..
I guess I'll do 45 images
So there's my entire console log from the moment I logged on to two minutes in when I encountered the bug. I think it is definitely a firefox issue. I don't normally use Chrome because I had that middle mouse button panning issue, but that seems to have gone away now that I have a new graphics card. I may use Chrome instead, but I'd like to know what could be causing the bug on Firefox if you can get anything from that information. To summarise, after swapping layers or adding new tokens, whenever I click on the colour swatch box in the token edit menu, everything turns white, starts flickering, then the whole page refreshes and is completely broken. Everything slows to a crawl. Bounding boxes from selected tokens remain on screen after deselecting them. I even had it so a token from another map straight up just followed me onto another map and stayed there in the middle of the screen, impossible to interact with.
Hi Angry_Rope -  Unfortunately, I'm still unable to reproduce anything like this. Would you mind further answering a few questions and providing some details below, please? Thank you! Can you provide me the exact name or a link to the game in which you noticed this happening? Can you confirm which version of Firefox you have currently installed? You can find that information when you go to this website from Firefox. Is Javascript enabled in Firefox? Again, you can find this information when you go to  this website  from Firefox.