Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[WOTC] Eberron: Rising from the Last War Bug Thread

Edited 1574799706
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Thank you for purchasing Eberron: Rising from the Last War ! Quick Guide Accessing your content Compendium You can access all of the Eberron: Rising from the Last War rules, items, and monsters in the in-app compendium , as well as on the Roll20 web compendium . Addon The Eberron: Rising from the Last Wa r adventure is included as an addon . This content package is available via a dropdown menu in the Game Addons section of the Game Details Page . Select the Eberron: Rising from the Last War Addon  (the adventure itself is titled Forgotten Relics and can be found within the addon) and click on the blue Add to Game button beside the drop-down menu. Art Pack You can access the Character Art Pack under the Premium Assets section of the Art Library in-app. These assets are only available for in-app use. Frequently Asked Questions Which Character Sheet should I use? All Wizards of the Coast licensed content on Roll20 uses the Dungeons & Dragons by Roll20 sheet. How do I access the Roll20 Charactermancer for this content? For all things Charactermancer, please check out the Charactermancer Wiki . For any Charactermancer bugs, please report them on the Charactermancer Bug Thread . For any content-specific issues please post those here. How do I access Compendium Sharing for my players? To access Compendium Sharing, please check out the Compendium Sharing Wiki . Known Issues While using the Charactermancer to create a new level 1 Artificer, players will be able to choose/prepare Intelligence + 1 spells instead of Intelligence + half artificer level, rounded down (minimum of one). Levels 2 - 20 should be working as expected. Infuse Items, a level 2 Artificer feature, does not prompt players with the ability to exchange one of their current Infusions for a new one with each level. The details that explain the feature are included in the Infuse Item feature text on the character sheet and players who opt to take part will need to create their own entry and manually remove the Infusion they are choosing to forget. Changelings cannot currently select Charisma as their additional +1 ability score choice, but should be allowed to. A player creating a changeling will need to manually update their ability scores should they choose to add their +1 to Charisma. Expanded critical ranges are not supported for monsters. Bug Reporting Guide To help us find the best solution to any issues that may occur with your purchased content, please fill out as many of the following as are applicable when making a report: A short, detailed description of the problem What is the issue, How is it affecting your game, What is happening, What should happen? Clear and concise information is the most helpful in seeking out solutions Copy-paste any error codes received Include screenshots of the issue 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There does not appear to be top level access to the Eberron Compendium. It is not listed on the Compendium page, and although sections can be navigated to, going to the top level gives a 404. Example: This can be navigated to: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dark%20Six#h-Dark%20Six" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Dark%20Six#h-Dark%20Six</a> This cannot: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Eberron:%20Rising%20from%20the%20Last%20War%20Compendium#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Eberron:%20Rising%20from%20the%20Last%20War%20Compendium#content</a>
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith - Fixed, thank you for the report!
The game addon doesn’t seem to use the default token settings. I’ve set up token health bars to be ”top overlapping”, but the addon creature tokens default to ”above”.&nbsp;
Half of the "Mark of..." races appear in the Race list page: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Races" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index:Races</a> And the other half appear in the Subrace list page: <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index%3ASubraces" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Index%3ASubraces</a> And I still can't locate an easy link to EITHER of these very useful pages from the top of the DnD Compendium webpage, which I am sure is a mistake on my part.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Teemu - Hi there, I'm not able to replicate your issue currently. Can you confirm you completed the following steps: changed default token setting in the Game Details page and then, in-game, applied default settings in the Settings tab of your sidebar (checking the box for "bar settings" under Default Token Settings and confirming with "Apply Settings")? This process can take quite a while, so there's a loading bar! You should get a pop-up at the top of the screen saying token settings were applied, too.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Simon - Hi there! The distinction is due to the way the mechanics are worded within the Eberron text—some Dragonmarks are mechanically races and some are subraces. You can navigate to the Eberron index via the front page of the D&amp;D 5e Compendium by scrolling down, but here's a link:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Book%20Index%20(Eberron)#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Book%20Index%20(Eberron)#content</a> . From there you can find links to each of the Dragonmark pages in a list. Hopefully that helped, but let me know if you have any more navigation trouble!
Cheers, is very helpful, thank you! Ashton said: Simon - Hi there! The distinction is due to the way the mechanics are worded within the Eberron text—some Dragonmarks are mechanically races and some are subraces. You can navigate to the Eberron index via the front page of the D&amp;D 5e Compendium by scrolling down, but here's a link:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Book%20Index%20(Eberron)#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Book%20Index%20(Eberron)#content</a> . From there you can find links to each of the Dragonmark pages in a list. Hopefully that helped, but let me know if you have any more navigation trouble!
There doesn't seem to be any link or any showing of the Artificer class table. It's mentioned, but so far I haven't been able to find it at all.&nbsp;
Cody said: There doesn't seem to be any link or any showing of the Artificer class table. It's mentioned, but so far I haven't been able to find it at all.&nbsp; Or Artificer's spell list
Felas said: Cody said: There doesn't seem to be any link or any showing of the Artificer class table. It's mentioned, but so far I haven't been able to find it at all.&nbsp; Or Artificer's spell list Likewise, the in game compendium doesn't allow you to filter by Artificer spell while filtering spells.&nbsp;

Edited 1574194299
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Cody and Felas - You're right, and thank you both for the reports! I'm fixing the table issue as we speak ( will update this message when fixed now fixed!) and I'll have devs look into the filtering issue. Thanks again!
The artificer spell list (when using the charactermancer) is incorrect - cure wounds is missing and thunderwave is present, to name a few noted errors. I'm having to go by external spell lists since artificer spells aren't listed on roll20 yet, so I could be wrong!&nbsp; When using the charactermancer, it gives you the option of choosing four cantrips at level 1, instead of the intended 2. I'll continue to update you guys if I find any more :)&nbsp;

Edited 1574197672
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I was only given a choice of two cantrips in the charactermancer. Cody &nbsp;said: When using the charactermancer, it gives you the option of choosing four cantrips at level 1, instead of the intended 2. I'll continue to update you guys if I find any more :)&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Cody - I'm also having trouble replicating this issue. Can you give more detail? Artificer spells can now be found on this page:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Artificer%20Spell%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Artificer%20Spell%20List#content</a>
Ashton said: Cody - I'm also having trouble replicating this issue. Can you give more detail? Artificer spells can now be found on this page:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Artificer%20Spell%20List#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Artificer%20Spell%20List#content</a> It appears it was just because I had launched the level one charactermancer from a character who was already previously made!&nbsp;
Ashton said: Teemu - Hi there, I'm not able to replicate your issue currently. Can you confirm you completed the following steps: changed default token setting in the Game Details page and then, in-game, applied default settings in the Settings tab of your sidebar (checking the box for "bar settings" under Default Token Settings and confirming with "Apply Settings")? This process can take quite a while, so there's a loading bar! You should get a pop-up at the top of the screen saying token settings were applied, too. Nope, doesn't work. Tried it 3 times, saved the settings again in between just to be sure. The Rising from the Last War game addon tokens don't use any of the game's saved token defaults. The creatures I pull from the compendium do use the game's saved token settings.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some things to be aware of: 1. It can take a very long time for everything to update. The progress bar will run three times, I assume once for each section of the settings as listed in the dialog box. The third time will take the longest. On my very slow Chromebook (because I didn't want to get out of my comfy chair), this took about 15 minutes. 2. Apply Default Settings&nbsp;affects tokens already on the page, and ones that are created &nbsp;(i.e. freshly added to the game) from a drag and drop from a compendium. They will NOT affect a default token for anything already in the game journal tab, only a deployed token. Thus if you have installed the addon adventure, nothing you drag in from the journal will show your updates. They are all using the saved defaults, which are not changed. This has been reported before, but it's the way Apply Default Settings works, and likely why it has never become a real feature but is still listed under the "Experimental" heading.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Note that there are some API scripts that can affect default token settings, but this was broken earlier this year when the new bar settings were implemented without API access. Because of this defaulttoken (an API command) is unable to change these settings.
Humans should have h2 heading on this page:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Base%20Races%20in%20Eberron" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rules:Base%20Races%20in%20Eberron</a>
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Teemu - I'll have devs investigate and see if I can get a clearer picture or update for you! Phenomen - Corrected! Thank you for the report.
keithcurtis said: Some things to be aware of: 1. It can take a very long time for everything to update. The progress bar will run three times, I assume once for each section of the settings as listed in the dialog box. The third time will take the longest. On my very slow Chromebook (because I didn't want to get out of my comfy chair), this took about 15 minutes. 2. Apply Default Settings&nbsp;affects tokens already on the page, and ones that are created &nbsp;(i.e. freshly added to the game) from a drag and drop from a compendium. They will NOT affect a default token for anything already in the game journal tab, only a deployed token. Thus if you have installed the addon adventure, nothing you drag in from the journal will show your updates. They are all using the saved defaults, which are not changed. This has been reported before, but it's the way Apply Default Settings works, and likely why it has never become a real feature but is still listed under the "Experimental" heading. So I had already changed the default token settings as I preferred them, and adding creatures from the compendium made their tokens use the settings I had applied. Then a few days later (yesterday) I added the Rising from the Last War game addon, which added many creature entries into the game’s journal. Since I’d changed the token settings beforehand, I was under the impression that the game addon’s tokens would correspond to the settings. That was not the case—the addon’s tokens use default Roll20 settings. Note that I had only ever changed the token settings in the game’s settings page, outside the app. But that still made the changes to the tokens I pulled from the compendium.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like default tokens added to a journal by an addon use the settings of the creator of the addon, in this case, Roll20. I agree, this is not really expected or desired behavior. Perhaps it's necessary in order to provide patch support? I don't know if anything can be done about it. I'd make a Suggestion in the Suggestions forum, but I think this is necessary behavior. Note that while running the provided addon, the tokens called for by the addon adventure (i.e. already placed on the maps) can be updated by the in-game Apply Default Settings feature, and that future games (that don't have the addon and the creatures pre-populated in the journal) can take a compendium drop like other compendium sources and create tokens with the correct settings. In other words, games without the addon can still pull in Eberron creatures. If I have misunderstood anything about the process, I ask a dev to correct me.
Hello, all the art etc looks beautiful. However, none of the creatures etc have stat blocks!! And there are no one-click actions!
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Phoenixiwaki said: Hello, all the art etc looks beautiful. However, none of the creatures etc have stat blocks!! And there are no one-click actions! It sounds like you didn't choose a character sheet when setting up your game. Go into your game settings and choose the 5e character sheet, and your characters should have stat blocks and actions.
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Bug Report: In Charactermancer, Changeling Ability Score Increase reads as follows:&nbsp;Your Charisma score increases by 2. In addition, one ability score of your choice increases by 1. The Charactermancer provides the +2 CHA, but does not allow CHA to be chosen in the drop-down as an ability score choice. Note that the wording for Changeling is different than other races (Warforged and Half-Elves say "other" when describing the additional ability score, whereas the wording for Changeling just says "one ability score of your choice"), and they in fact can choose Charisma for the third point (this was clarified by Jeremy Crawford on Twitter).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is the link for verification.

Edited 1574367913
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Loren and Keith - Great catch! I know what I'm playing the next time I play a bard :) I've added this to the known issues section for now as we will have to add Charactermancer functionality to support changelings' unique ability to add +3 to Charisma. Eberron: Rising from the Last War Patch 1.1 Updated battlemap scale handout text to reflect scaleless maps Artificer table added to Artificer handout Newspaper handouts added Minor lighting adjustments
Are the Dragonmarks supposed to have the spells listed for what marks you get? Cause the Compendium doesn't list them, just a description of what the mark houses do, but not said spells or abilities.

Edited 1574576711
The in-game compendium entry for "Races (Eberron)" has missing and inaccurate links.&nbsp; There are currently no links for Changelings and Shifters.&nbsp; The Orcs link sends the user to the Volo's Guide orc reference (which I do not own so I am met with a marketplace page) instead of showing the Eberron Orc race. This makes it hard for my players to read/see the information they should be able to read/see for the Eberron races (without having to type the names in the compendium search).
Seth G. said: Are the Dragonmarks supposed to have the spells listed for what marks you get? Cause the Compendium doesn't list them, just a description of what the mark houses do, but not said spells or abilities. House-specific spells and abilities can be found on individual pages for each house.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Rak Tulkhesh (and many other monsters) have an expanded critical range in their write up, but this is not reflected in their weapon attacks. Is this an oversight, or is it not possible with the official sheet?

Edited 1574742595
The statblock for the Warforged Colossus monster seems to have combined its Stomp and Incinerating Beam actions into a single action, with Incinerating Beam's title and description in italics where the type of attacks is normally described. However, these are separate actions. and should have their own sections.
Is it intended that the Forgotten Relics adventure is included in the compendium, which is accessible to players? This seems like an oversight.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Keith - That functionality is currently not possible, and I've added it to known issues. Thanks for the report! Perses - Fixed in the compendium! Future warforged collusi dragged from the compendium will have two distinct attacks. Thanks for your report! Adam - Forgotten Relics is included in the compendium so that GMs may drag it into games without necessitating the use of the addon, but I'll take this feedback on board for future products! Thanks for your report.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Ashton!
Ashton said: Adam - Forgotten Relics is included in the compendium so that GMs may drag it into games without necessitating the use of the addon, but I'll take this feedback on board for future products! Thanks for your report. Thanks for the response. I share my compendium in multiple campaigns with other players, and as a result of this anybody can view the contents of the module in any of those campaigns. If we could select what content is shared that would be ideal I suppose.&nbsp;

Edited 1575178426
When multiclassing using the Charactermancer, for example; A Druid multiclassing into Barbarian. "?expansion=5" shows up between as shown in the picture. Along with this, when multiclassing into a spellcasting class, it doesn't add your Spellcasting Ability, Spell Save DC, Spell Attack Bonus, and the spells you would get for that class. This has only been an issue since I added the Eberron stuff in and now I can't disable it. Please help.
Uh, i wanted to ask about Princes of Apocalypse, but that thread was already closed. Basically I find it kinda weird how new playable races and spells aren't in compendium so they can't be used with charactermancer.

Edited 1575307245
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Adam - Check out the suggestion thread ! I believe that feature has already been asked and you can vote for it. We're always looking at the suggestion thread for new features and updates. Michael - I'll get devs to look into this! Thank you for the report. JJL - Hi there, the PotA thread was closed and has now been combined into the megathread. When navigating the forums, the bug thread repository here should prove useful. To answer your question, however, Princes of the Apocalypse was released before the charactermancer was and we have not integrated previously released content. You may also want to check out the suggestion thread linked above.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Michael J, We are working on an update for this. I do not have an ETA a this time. Unfortunately the missing information will need to be entered manually until a fix can be deployed. - Cassie
Appears to be some errors in Sul Khatesh's stat block. Telepathy 120ft vs. 150ft in the book. Magic Resistance and Master of Magic are missing.

Edited 1575796983
Lukas
Plus
Ashton said: Adam - Forgotten Relics is included in the compendium so that GMs may drag it into games without necessitating the use of the addon, but I'll take this feedback on board for future products! Thanks for your report. Is there any way to selectively block or remove compendium content from sharing then? There are several entries in the ERLW Compendium that are not intended for players. It's not even about them peeking, they can just stumble upon adventure descriptions if they browse though the lore entries.
The Homunculus Servant's hit points reads as follows in the compendium:&nbsp; Hit Points&nbsp; xx (equal the steel defender’s Constitution modifier + your Intelligence modifier + five times your level in this class) This should read (equal the homunculus's Constitution modifier + your Intelligence modifier + your level in this class).&nbsp;&nbsp;
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Craig - Thanks for your report! Both issues corrected in the compendium. Lukas - Being able to adjust the sources of what shows up in a game is a highly requested feature. We hear the community desire to limit which compendium expansions show up in a game, and are discussing solutions as it requires quite a bit of dev time. Adam - Thanks for your report. Homunculus servant corrected in the compendium.
It seems that there is no stat block appearing for the homunculus servant now. Something might have broken in the update?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ashton said: Lukas - Being able to adjust the sources of what shows up in a game is a highly requested feature. We hear the community desire to limit which compendium expansions show up in a game, and are discussing solutions as it requires quite a bit of dev time. That would be most welcome!
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Adam - It takes some time for the compendium to recache, but the stat block at the bottom of the page will reappear! Thanks again for your report and I hope you have fun in Eberron :)
Homunculus Servant Stat Block seems to be bugged, doesn't appear
When I try to use the charactermancer with the Artificer and get to the spells tab, I can't actually select any spells; I'm shown I should be able to pick two cantrips and a few spells depending on how high my intelligence is, but clicking on the tabs to pick them only shows "choose" and no actual options. Am I missing something?