Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Script to speak as

Is there an API out there that would allow a gm to speak as a player  then have it go right back into gm mode. Trying to accomplish. PC has intelligent magic item.. That speaks telepathically to PC. As a GM I have created a character sheet for said magic item. With many whisper commands for certain occasions. But instead of clicking the little box at the bottom of the screen then selecting magic item. I want to have a macro quickly change me to magic item. send whisper to PC then change me back to GM

Edited 1574298430
The easiest way to do that is to make a token which could be invisible, with a sheet, and use a macro something like: /w [player] ?{what?|blah blah}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try  Switch , by the Arcane Scriptomancer himself. The thread says that there is a bug, but a quick test shows that this is no longer true. It should switch "Speaking as" and the avatar.
Thanks. Knew I had seen one somewhere, but couldn't find it....