Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Specific result from rollable table

Like how you can say /roll [[20]] and it will just say you rolled a 20 but off of a rollable table?
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Dude... I didn't know you could say /roll [[20]]. If this works it needs to go in the "tips and tricks" list. That's handy.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Unfortunately, rollable tables do not function like a traditional lookup table like most gamers are used to. They are merely a listed of items, each of which has a weighted chance to appear when the table is invoked. There's no way to call a specific result, nor to weight the randomization (such as "roll on this table at +10"). If they could do that, it would be really amazing. You could create simple little flat file databases within a game, for instance.
Yes, even that +10 would work so well for my purposes. I want to "cheat" at custom gambling games made for my campaigns. 
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Name one table Gambling and the other GambIing. They look like identical names but one has a lower case L and the other has an uppercase i. Make one visible to players and the other visible to you. On the second table, well...
That was my work around for now, just wanted to try to be maybe a little more slick if possible. Good advice though for anyone looking to do something like this!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Mike deBoston said: Name one table Gambling and the other GambIing. They look like identical names but one has a lower case L and the other has an uppercase i. Make one visible to players and the other visible to you. On the second table, well... Diabolical! I want you to negotiate for me in Avernus.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This script does some of what you want:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1408851/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1408851/slug%7D</a>
Is there anyway to get it to hide the "rolling 1t[table-name]" output?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
With edits to the script, yeah.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This would whisper to the GM: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; sendChat(getPlayerCharacterFrom(msg.who), ' /w gm Rolling ' + actualRoll + ' (' + displayTotal + &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ') on table "' + args[0] + '":' + tableItemAvatar + tableItemName); Just depends on what you want.