Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [GMT -5] [Mongoose Traveler] [Friday, Saturday or Sunday, to be decided] The Light

Edited 1574714384
Yes, hello, please. I am running a Traveler game and I need some players. The world is kinda home brewed and not everything is balanced and some things are subject to change, if that puts you off, sozbro, but there are other games for you out there. I believe in you. If you're into it, my world isn't particularly unique. A pseudo-magical sky crystal arrives at a medieval Earth and a speaker is chosen. The giant gemstone bestows vast knowledge which quickly boosts the technology level of the medieval Earth, but not so much the culture. Swords, shields, bows and armor remain staples of the battle field, bolstered by space age materials and power units. Space ships modeled after seafaring vessels, power lines and traffic lights within castle walls and modest medieval architecture.  Then, they came. The Children of the Light, as they called themselves. A plethora of alien races who had been visited by the float sky crystal and benefited from its gifts of knowledge. Kalamalakutsu, High Priest of the Children of the Light, welcomes humanity to the galactic community and brings a warning of danger that may come. The Dark Ones, a mysterious race of space faring creatures, black and scaly, who seek to destroy The Light will come without warning and not long after The Light paused above a now bustling human megalopolis, they did just that. A coordinated attack light likes of which had never been seen successfully destroyed The Light and scattered its pieces across the galaxy. Then, with The Light destroyed, they left. A group of Seekers have been chosen in secret, tasked with recovering the pieces of The Light before the Dark Ones can, so it can be reassembled and continue to gift The Children of the Light with its knowledge and wisdom. That would be you, of course. That's a little longer than I intended, but it'll do. If you can't make it though a little text, I'm better off. I would prefer no murder hobos, there will be plenty of combat to keep those itchy trigger fingers put to good use, but not everything is about fighting and not every fight is a winnable one. I would like to play Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Once we have about 4 players, we will home in on a day for play. In the mean time, I can share a little about the races available for play, if that'll sucker anyone in. A foreword: Some (many) of these alien races resemble animals from Earth. It may just be my retard brain, but I like to think that if intelligent life exists out there, assuming it is made of the same shit we are, similar forms would come into existence regardless of where they originate. Convergent evolution applies on Earth, why not on a galactic or universal scale? That said, they're aliens not furries, so before you get any ideas, stahp. There are nine races to choose from. Humans. That's it, we're done talking about them. Im'ma, these are your standard Greys, but they're blue and tall. Big heads, big eyes, big brains. Kaysar, a reptilian race. Males are small and sly, females and large and cruel. Gurushi, they resemble bears, brawn over brain and bound by a strict warrior code of honour and justice, unless you're the wrong colour. Golden bears are leaders, generals and CEO's. Red bears are outcasts, often driven into a life of organized crime to survive. Zect'el, they're weird bug creatures. Hiveminded creatures, seperated from the hivemind by the Lights graces. In the absence of their hivemind, these buggers by and large feel devoid of purpose and meaning. The stereotype of the depressed assassin bug, desperately searching for something to make him feel has risen as a result of this. Un'go, mortal enemies of the Zect'el, these spiderboiiz have been hunting the Zect'el for thousands of years on their homeworld and successfully at that. However, the Light is blind to the affairs of the races it illuminates and the Un'go were gifted with knowledge along side the Zect'el. They don't eat them so much anymore, but food is food when stomachs are empty and old feelings die hard, especially when homie ate gram-gram. Voljeer, wolf-like bipeds who, in contrast with the prideful Gurushi, hunt with tooth and claw along side swords and spears. But watch out for the white ones, ancient prophecies of a White Voljeer who descends from the heavens and consumes the world has sewn hated for the albino wolves into Voljeer culture. Add Ecta (a rare disease, a sort of combination of mange and rabies) and you're got a boogieman that is mercilessly hunted down and killed for the safety of the pack. Jakeen, a race that was truly on the brink of extinction. An industrious merchant named Jakeen who, by cloning himself, saved his entire race. . . kinda. More like he saved himself and filled and entire world with clones of himself. No one knows the real name of his race or the real name of his homeworld. Such things have been lost to time. They are now known as Jakeen and their world is known simple as Jakeen World. Jakeen are found all around the galaxy, usually operating in the capacity of their namesake, buying and selling and amassing a shared fortune back home. However, some deviants exist in the form of malformed clones. Sometimes for the better, other times, not so much. Ollinix, I'll be honest, I hate these things. Lil' fucking space goblins who only care about the advancement of knowledge with very little ethical consideration. That all said, if you made it this far, hey, how ya doin', don't forget to get yourself a nice, cold drink. You've been here a while and you really should take care of yourself, or not, I'm not your mom. If you read anything you liked, leave a message here so the post floats a while and we can hopefully get a handful of people together. If you have any questions, post 'em here and I'll throw down some answers as quick as I can. Thanks for takin' the time to read though all my careless typos and I hope to have (some of) you aboard. Oh, yes, I'm a cussy boy and sometimes say the no-no words. Sometimes, I say the really bad no-no words. If that makes you uncomfortable, perhaps this isn't the game for you. On the other end of the spectrum, if you really like the really bad no-no words, then, ooh-ie. I exist in a barren middle ground where on one hand, "words are words, get over it" and on the other, "homies a little too comfortable with some dark topics and that's kinda cringey", so now that I've distanced myself from one side and the other, let's chat here and talk a little over Discord and if we all get along, mavel tov, if not, oh well, we tried. o k fair well
I'm kinda interested, any word on time/day?
Probably sometime Sunday, by the looks of it.
Tiffany M.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Says "world isn't very unique" Posts completely unique galactic setting populated by multiple unique alien races complete with plot hooks for some of them. Some of the races are pretty great. I love the race of one cloned dude.
Thank you. The Jakeen are my favorite too, they pop up as often as I can wedge them in.
Beep.
Still looking for 2-4 more players.
Hi there! I'm interested in joining, if you're still looking for players. I have about a year of 5e experience, but about 25 years of RPG experience. Also, I appreciate your "I'm me, if you don't like that, oh well" approach. I look forward to speaking with, and hopefully playing with, you and the rest of the party!
Absolutely still looking, do you have Discord?