Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Transmogrifier & Disable Shortcut Key Questions

Hello, I've just upgraded to a PLUS account because I wanted to try Dynamic Lighting for my 5e game and also import things from the early campaign we've been running. I cannot find the Transmogrifier that is supposed to let you transfer things over. It does not show up under Experimental Features, under settings. Has it been moved? Also, is there a way to disable the shortcut that makes CTRL+F bring up the brush tool? I want to use it as normal to search for words on a page. Alternatively is there an easy way to search your adventures for key words without using this? Thanks very much!

Edited 1574728060
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Transmogrifier is a pro feature not plus. Information about shortcut key strokes can be found here  including how to disable them.
Ah, shoot. I thought Plus was what I needed. That seems to say you can opt out of Advanced Shortcuts, but CTRL+F is a Default Shortcut and that doesn't seem to come with the same option.  Thanks for your reply!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
CTRL+F is a browser default word search but as you noticed it only works outside the game room. What would you need to search for inside the game for?  Graphic assets have their dedicated search bar (on their tab) but the journal tab does not have that. Is that what you would want to word search on?

Edited 1574753491
G.S. said: Ah, shoot. I thought Plus was what I needed. That seems to say you can opt out of Advanced Shortcuts, but CTRL+F is a Default Shortcut and that doesn't seem to come with the same option.  Thanks for your reply! Before using the ctrl+F function, simply place the mouse cursor in the URL field of your web browser, and THEN press ctrl+F. Voila! Word search in Roll20!
Yes, I wanted to search the journal. I purchased a D&D module and the chapters are presented in journal pages. Your work-around works. Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here are some general Ctrl-F tricks from the Stupid Trick thread. Finding Attributes on Characters  - Jeremy R. — ( More info  - Loren the GM, and  even more  - Gargamond) Also, on the Mac, Cmd-L, followed by Cmd-F will cause the cursor to jump into the URL field and then into "Find..." without triggering the Roll20 shortcut. Ctrl-E > Ctrl-F does this on my Chromebook. I don't know if there is a Windows equivalent, or if there is a combo that will work on Firefox.