Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFGM][Paid]Want to hire a DM for our group

1574738162

Edited 1574778395
Hi we are looking for someone to run a campaign for us. I know we could probably find someone to do this for free but we all recognize that DMing takes a lot of work and we really want a top notch experience from someone who is committed. So we are willing to pay someone to do this. We are 3 friends that live in different cities so we need to play over video chat. This means the DM can be anywhere with a good internet connection. In our years of playing we realized that it in order for the games to be fun for us the whole group needs to get along on a personal level. So we will want to do a brief video interview before we get started. Also we are in our forties so probably wouldn't gel with anyone under 30. As far as what type of game we like, we are pretty flexible. I think we care about the meta stuff more. We are looking for an immersive campaign with a large story. The world and setting should be internally consistent and nothing jokey. There should feel like real consequences to our actions ,like the characters will die or bad things happen to the world if we mess up. A balance between chit chat and action with some mystery and having to figure things out is also essential. I personally don't like sci-fi that much and tend to like low magic fantasy worlds that are pretty brutal. Something like Harn. but again the above matters way more. Our available time slot will be tues or thursday at 9pm pst. Please comment here or dm me if you are interested. Please include what games you like and a bit about yourself. Thanks!
I'll do it for free. What type of game are you thinking of wanting to be in? Run Call of Cthulhu, Deadlands, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Little Fears D&D, Rotted Capes World of Darkness and also won BPAT in a few conventions Can run any game type and in my 40s
1574747042

Edited 1575104208
Greetings and well-met heroes! I am The Dungeon Master and I will be your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons! I have been a professional DM for over 5 years and have been DMing for over 30 years total. I have examples of my games up on  YouTube  and am available for a new (preferably) Friday or Saturday game slot but am open to other days during the week, and have 3 existing campaigns with 2 spots open in the Pathfinder one two Sundays a month (the other 5th edition ones are full currently) as well as a Living World Campaign that is always accepting new players. I am happy to teach new players and session 0/character creation is always free. I also have a number of games that I am interested in running such as Diablo (D&D 3.5), Darker Waters, and Game of Thrones (both D&D 5th edition), The Walking Dead (d20 Modern) and Dragon Warrior (using homebrew rules of my own system). If you have any questions or are interested in moving forward please message me on Discord at The Dungeon Master#8397 The Dungeon Master on YouTube “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5/game via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." The Castle in the Clouds [D&D 5th Edition • Living World] LIVESTREAM “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Dragons of the Frozen Seas [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder] LIVESTREAM “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Diablo: Heroes of Sanctuary [D&D 3.5/Pathfinder] “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." A Song of Ice and Fire: Heroes of The Night's Watch [D&D 5th Edition] “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Darker Waters [D&D 5th Edition] “This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $50/month via Patreon. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." The Walking Dead [d20 Modern] "This game encourages tipping the Game Master at a rate of $5/game via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Dragon Warrior: Scions of Erdrick [Homebrew • Playtest]
Still looking for this. Just wanted to bump since I posted over the holidays.
Do you have any preference regarding game system?
> Do you have any preference regarding game system? Not really. Like I say we are pretty flexible. we have played all kinds and to me the system doesn't really doesn't matter too much. I think 4th edition D&D started to feel like a board game. I haven't played 5th but hear it is much better. I've been into dungeon world lately. 
1575166129

Edited 1575214994
Hello!  This would be my first time earning being a DM for hire, but I'd like to throw my hat into the ring as well. I've been gming for 6 years, in a variety of systems (which I will list below)  Rates can be discussed privately but I wouldn't charge through the nose, probably between 5-7 dollars US depending on the system (some require more work than others)  Looking at your prefered setting (brutal Low fantasy) I'll list games that I think would work best on the top and work my way down from there:  Band of Blades -  (Blades in the Dark system, Low fantasy, brutal dark world) The premise of the game is that you and the other players are mercenaries in a renowned company, trying desperately to make it back to your ancestral keep in the mountains before winter after a major battle against the forces of the undead ended badly and now its get back to the keep and defend it before winter or be wiped out. You play as both the foot soliders and the commanding officers so you make the important choices as to how to get to the keep and have to manage things as the campaign progresses  Dungeon World -  Something you mentioned earlier, I've GM'd Dungeon world before, and while I'd need a bit of time to cook up a setting, I can run DW Godbound - More High Fantasy than Low, since you'd be playing Demi-Gods with incredible power but In my experience running Godbound it certainly capable of having high stakes as if you fail the consequences are on a much larger scale than.  Legacy: Life Among the Ruins - Sort of a Psuedo Fantasy / Sci Fi Game in the Apocalyse World System (like Dungeon World) think Horizon Zero Dawn style of game, where  you play both a character and a tribe of people interacting in a post-apocalyptic world  The Great Pendragon Campaign - A lot of the Low Fantasy, and Brutality, but low in the your actions have consequences department. The premise is that you are playing knights in Arthurian England (you start about a before Arthur's reign tho) and the game is about your character's adventures. The Campaign spans about 200 years and is meant to be played over a 2 year peroid  Numenera - If you're at all familiar with Numenera you know it too is kind of a fantasy/sci-fi mix but as character's level up they grow very powerful and are able to have massive impact on the world Mutants and Masterminds - Typically this is a superhero games but the system is flexible enough to run in any setting. and I'm more familiar with it than D&D  D&D 5e - Caveat to this is that I've never actually GM'd D&D, I've only ever been a player, so it be a learning experience for me but its always an option.  If any of these sound interesting to you, please PM me and we can work out the details privately :)  and I'd be more than happy to switch systems if you're not satisfied