Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Create Custom Sets of Status Icons for Tokens

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Kenton, I don't use audio, myself, and so haven't messed around with the Manage Audio tool. That being said, I do think a way to have different sets of status icons available for different games that could be genre specific would be awesome.  I could see creating a "list" of status icons for my cyberpunk game, but wanting a different set for my OSR fantasy game. Would would be really cool is if it supported SVG images, since those are scalable...might be easier to find cool SVG images than PNGs of the proper size/dimensions.
Noel
Sheet Author
I second Finderski's comments. Primarily my interest is being able to take a set of custom icons and make them available via the standard status menu for a given game – so that they are available on all tokens in that game. Then I would be able to have a set of status icons that exactly maps to the D&D 5e conditions / statuses. I'm less interest in a round-by-round tracking of statuses – I mean that would be cool but it's a nice to have whereas being able to customise statuses is a must-have imho... because the standard one's just don't make much sense. Currently the only way I can do this is using the custom status tokens script, which is hacky and labour-intensive. For turn-tracking, it would be awesome if it could be linked to the character token, so when you add one (or more) status(es) you have the option of setting the number of rounds or infinite. Then in turn tracker you should also have a delete option for that status. One way to do this is for each token in the turn-tracker to be a collapsible grouping device, in which one can collect statuses. The other way is for them to be just be additional icons on the token row, with a delete option on hover and a chip showing the number of turns remaining.
Same here, I would love to have a set of status icon designed for the setting I'm playing in (and it's definitively NOT D&D and the like). Of course, Roll20 being open, there would always be a situation where you will want to use an icon that is not by default in your setting. So I think it would be best and sufficient to : have a setting to set a list of status icons as "favorites" so that they appear first in list when trying to set a status icon Then, nice to have features would be : give a "custom label" to the favorite icons, so that I can "hover" my mouse over it to get a reminder of what that small icon was meant for. ability to create new status icons by uploading picture (svg would be great, png is already nice) allow api to set/unset status using those "custom labels" allow character sheet designers to name existing or add new status icons for their sheet setting
+1 good idea.
This, and in particular the ability to put numbers on status icons, would map extremely nicely to the new conditions system in Pathfinder 2e. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Aaron said: This, and in particular the ability to put numbers on status icons, would map extremely nicely to the new conditions system in Pathfinder 2e.&nbsp; You already can do this.&nbsp; Just open the icon selection, hover over the icon you are using and hit the number you want on there.&nbsp; It is easy to miss in all the token features though.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Status_Indicator_Overlays_.285.29" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Token_Features#Status_Indicator_Overlays_.285.29</a>
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Thanks for pointing that out Kraynic. I hope that helps in your Pathfinder Second Edition games, Aaron. And thanks for the additional notes on how this we can make this enhancement work best. We don't have a definite timeline as of now.
Thanks! I was aware of that, but I realize I phrased my message poorly - I meant "given the ability to put numbers on status icons, having custom icons would allow Roll20 to very cleanly represent the PF2 conditions." In PF2, you get conditions like "frightened 1" and "wounded 2", so if we just had a clean mapping of conditions to icons it would be perfect.&nbsp;
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
I'm happy to report that development started on this feature today.
Thanks for the update, Kenton. Will you be keeping us informed on progress in this thread?
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Updates will happen here, but will also come via other channels as well.
I'm excited to hear that this is in the works. Any loose time scale? Like should we expect news in weeks or months?
I would support the idea
Mino
Marketplace Creator
Removing unneeded Status icons would be fantastic, especially as someone who uses alternative tokens to convey statuses already.

Edited 1574729651
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
You can hide unused Status icons using Stylus today; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/?pageforid=7842646#post-7842646" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7841113/show-off-your-style-2-the-stylening/?pageforid=7842646#post-7842646</a> It's not a perfect solution, because it only works for people who install Stylus, but it's been a good workaround for me. Rainy said: Removing unneeded Status icons would be fantastic, especially as someone who uses alternative tokens to convey statuses already.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, folks. If you are a Pro user, especially if you are an API script writer, we have put some of the backend for the new Token Marker Update onto the Dev server for compatibility testing. You can read about it here &nbsp;(Pro users only) and post feedback in that thread. For API authors in particular, we're looking for feedback about whether this change breaks any of your scripts.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Hello all! We've just announced that this feature is ready for Beta Testing . For Pro Users, please log on to Dev Server , and follow Stephanie's guide to using the feature. API authors can take a look at the&nbsp; token_markers &nbsp;attribute that's been added.&nbsp;
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
I'm happy to announce that we've just launched the Token Marker Library and Custom Token Markers . Please take a look under the Tools section, and let us know if you run into any problems in the Bug Thread .