Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Compendium Links : Digital GM Screen

I would like to see a way to easily link content in the Compendiums to allow us to build a digital GM Screen for often referenced rules and content. The content for multiple resources is stored in the compendium but is hard to reference quickly with search. If you give us the ability to link to the content/sections directly we could pick and choose what we as GMs need on our reference pages.  These links might be referenced in a folder  style on the right or the ability to  create a handout with the links in it  would be great as well.  As I have purchased more and more content I find it challenging to reference rules across the compendium and searching has become a bit of information overload when you are running a game. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I think you might be able to create an index working from this post in the Stupid Tricks thread:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=7897027#post-7897027" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5899495/stupid-roll20-tricks-and-some-clever-ones/?pageforid=7897027#post-7897027</a> I think you can create links in a handout to be able to go bring up the various compendium pages. Another thing you could do is drag out the rule pages you want to have access to.&nbsp; Dragging them to the tabletop creates a handout of that compendium entry.&nbsp; Then you could create your own handout index of the pages you have created as handouts.&nbsp; Archive everything you have linked on your index so that it isn't cluttering up your folder structure.&nbsp; The advantage of that is you would be able to "show to players" any rule handouts that the players might need to see without them needing to search. I'm not saying your suggestion for an easier way to do this is bad.&nbsp; It would be nice to have, I am sure.&nbsp; Just making sure you know there might be ways to get what you need in the meantime.
This sounds like a fantastic idea. It wouldn't be a small project by any means, but I would love to have some kind of alternate way of organizing my games other than searching through my large journal folders for information, and my compendium etc. I would use this
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .