Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How do I macro damage and half damage on a save ?

Just to save a bit of game-time math for the players, I'd like to be able to show what half damage (rounded down) is for those who save against certain spells. A typical macro I use would be... /emas The floating githyanki projects a huge bolt of lightning 100 feet long and 5 feet wide doing [[6d6]] lightning damage. Dexterity save DC 19 for half damage.
You can't without using the API. There is no way to save a roll to use later in a macro.
Your /emas text should be enough for the characters, really if they can't handle the arithmetic of dividing numbers by two, you should probably set a drink limit for players. I use the AD&D2E rules which total out at about 9,000 pages, if I can even sort through that, I assume players can do simple arithmetic. If they were using physical dice they would have to add them up.