Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Allow users a grace period to restore a deleted game

Score + 55
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have seen a number of posts over the years where a user has accidentally deleted the wrong game. A dev can usually restore this for them, but it would be nice if users had a grace period to restore the deletion. Most accidental deletions are discovered almost immediately, but a one week grace period would be very useful. There could be a button on the My Games page to "Show deleted games", and on that it could say that "Games that you have deleted will be held for restoration for one week after the deletion date" with a "restore" button next to each one. This message should also be displayed at the time of actual deletion.
Adding an upvote to this. Not that this has happened to me but, I agree, people need something a bit more forgiving of their whims.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
updooted
Data loss is bad, the more things that you can undo the better. Having a 7 day trash bin would be fantastic. Maybe subscribers can have it last even longer.

Edited 1615009442
Love this idea
Please implement this suggestion, if possible. Once it's in place, it would save users a lot of frustration, while freeing up dev time.
Bumping this; another user posted an accidental game deletion today.
+1
Would LOVE a grace period for deleted campaigns!
+1
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
makes a lot of sense

Edited 1655846934
+1 Allow me to explain first where my thoughts are coming from: I have a lot of games started, and about 1/3 of them are just for testing, preparing, checking, poking around into new purchases, etc. My campaign is divided in several games, basically a game for a particular region of the campaign. Starting to make copies of them would make the "my Game" section overcrowded and not really handy to navigate through. So if ever by mistake I would delete one of my main campaign games (and that is something I am confident someday it will happen), it would me cost a lot of sleepless nights and generate a lot of  pain in the neck. That said, here my thoughts: a grace period of 30 days would do the job I think. In my Opinion a week is potentially too short for GMs like me that do not have sessions each week, or - lazy as am I - preparing for the next game short before the next monthly session. If you delete the game it will be moved over to a sort of archive, similar to the archive feature for maps for example. or maybe grayed out with a button like the one described by keithcurtis;  and after the grace period silently removed.
I Literally Just had this happen to me a few hours ago while trying to Delete Chat I clicked on Game instead not paying attention and Deleted My Game I have been hosting for 5months already.   I have already summited Request to Restore It Hopefully it will be fixed.  I  Absolutely Agree that they should have a way for the user to essentially Edit Undo Delete of a recently Deleted Game At the very least within the Last 24hrs. I noticed what I had done Immediately and panicked desperately looking for a way to fix it.
+1