Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maps from Add-on not available to me, but card decks are...

Hi all. I'm very new to Roll20.  I purchased the Dungeon of the Mad Mage map and card decks add-on. The description specifically states it includes 26 map pages. I added the add-on to my game and the card decks are visible, but the map pages are not visible on the Page Toolbar.  How can I access those 26 maps? 
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
If you added it with the addon menu, it should be on the page toolbar. Did you wait for it to say it was added before you went into the game? This is what I see when I open a blank test game.
Thanks Pat! Yes, I've waited 2 days and the maps don't appear on the Page Toolbar.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ok. You will need to perform the troubleshooting steps to get some of the basic info needed. I don't have the steps handy but I sent a notification to the mods so hopefully they will drop in soon.

Edited 1575306255
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
They can be found here on the wiki:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> Edit:&nbsp; Just to be clear, you have only added the maps and decks to your game, right?&nbsp; If you already have the adventure module, it already includes the content of the map pack.&nbsp; The map pack has a warning about adding it to a game with the adventure already active: Important Notice: The&nbsp; Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage &nbsp;- Map &amp; Card Deck Addon is not designed to be added into the core Dungeon of the Mad Mage adventure module, as these elements already exist within the module. Attempting to import them into the core module will result in your current maps being overwritten by the addon's maps.
Hello DMHightower, Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 &nbsp; Please disable all add-ons/extensions.&nbsp; Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please have your player thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!&nbsp;
Ok. The maps have showed up. I looked half a dozen times,&nbsp; but finally they're there.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
What resolved your issue? Was it an extension? Can you supply some detail so if people with similar problem could know what to look for?
I don't know. After I read your reply, I loaded the game and the map pages were all present.&nbsp; I don't know why they weren't present before and are present now. Maybe it was taking a long time to upload??? That doesn't seem likely to be the correct answer...
Kraynic said: They can be found here on the wiki:&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a> Edit:&nbsp; Just to be clear, you have only added the maps and decks to your game, right?&nbsp; If you already have the adventure module, it already includes the content of the map pack.&nbsp; The map pack has a warning about adding it to a game with the adventure already active: Important Notice: The&nbsp; Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage &nbsp;- Map &amp; Card Deck Addon is not designed to be added into the core Dungeon of the Mad Mage adventure module, as these elements already exist within the module. Attempting to import them into the core module will result in your current maps being overwritten by the addon's maps. To clarify, I did not buy the DMM adventure module. I just want the maps and so I bought the add-on that includes maps and cards.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
DMHightower said: I don't know. After I read your reply, I loaded the game and the map pages were all present.&nbsp; I don't know why they weren't present before and are present now. Maybe it was taking a long time to upload??? That doesn't seem likely to be the correct answer... It could have been a temporary glitch such as a bad cache and when your computer purged or updated it, it showed your maps properly. That is why one of the steps is to clear your computer's cache. It forces the computer to reload the latest information from the game and display the newest info.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Good.&nbsp; I know I have seen posts by people that had and enabled both (which caused problems), so just wanted to rule that out.