Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro to reference the d20 value rolled within the description text

Hi all,  I am looking to make a note of my attack roll without the proficiency modifiers added to it within the description line.  I have an ability (kinda like sharpshooter) but i can choose to use it after the roll, but before i know if the attack is successful. When i use it, i have to roll without proficiency, but of course, i have already rolled, and i could do the maths.... but i would really like it to be there for me!  so i was looking for something like [[r1-pb|r2-pb]] to reference the value rolled into the text without the proficiency bonus but i can seem to call the value get the name of the variable right, the aim is to output the below under the attack rolls             24                22 Rolled 18|16 with Two-Weapon Master does anyone know how to reference the total rolled so i can subtract, or the value rolled on the D20 so i can add to it?  Thanks 

Edited 1575328993
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Use the PowerCards API script. You can't do it in regular macros.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
An API script of course, would require a Pro level subscription on the part of the game creator.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dean, unfortunately this isn't possible with basic macros. You cant use the same roll twice. The only way to do this would be to list a modifier after the attack, so you can do the manual calculation.  You can do this with the API, but your GM would need to be a Pro subscriber feature, and install the script needed.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, it looks like mental maths for me.  This was definitely a nice.to have rather than need thing.  Cheers