Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issue with button macro

Hello, I have an issue with macro buttons. Some context : I lead a campaign we ever play 3 times, I did some macros with many buttons (to access informations or generated treasure, weather...). All of them work. Yesterday I want add a new macro. I don't know if it's related, but this macro doesn't work and only one of my older macros work. Impossible to make new macro with button. Even when i copy/past my working macro in a new one, the older works and the new don't. I don't have any error logs, so I don't kow how fix it. Someone can help, please ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's possible that there were html substitutions in the old one that resolved upon opening? Copying that code would not work. Could you paste an example of working and non-working code?
Hi Keithcurtis, Yes it's possible. Just a new information, when I try to rollback my game at date older than my issue, the error stay. Working macro : !power {{     --whisper|GM      --bgcolor|#f5f685     --name|Trésors     --Parchemin|^^[low](! #parcheminLow)     --Potions et huiles|         ^^[niv1](! #ph-niv1)         [niv2](! #ph-niv2)     --Gemmes|         ^^[10po](! #Gemmes-10po)         [50po](! #Gemmes-50po)         [100po](! #Gemmes-100po)         [500po](! #Gemmes-500po)         [1000po](! #Gemmes-1000po)         [5000po](! #Gemmes-5000po) }} Copy and past this macro in a new don't work. An old macro which worked, and now don't : !power {{     --whisper|GM      --bgcolor|#359fcd     --name|PJ - Group actions     --Combat|         [Defense](! #stats-group-defense)     --~~~     --Exploration|^^         [Perception](! #roll-group-perception)         [Discrétion](! #roll-group-discretion)         [Escamotage](! #roll-group-escamotage)         [Estimation](! #roll-group-estimation)     --~~~     --Relations|^^         [Bluff](! #roll-group-bluff)         [Psychologie](! #roll-group-psycho)         [Diplomacie](! #roll-group-diplomacy)                [Intimidation](! #roll-group-intimidation)         [Linguistique](! #roll-group-linguistic)     --~~~     --Connaissances|^^         [Art de la magie](! #roll-group-spellcraft)         [Mystères](! #roll-group-mystere)         [Exploration](! #roll-group-explore)         [Ingénirie](! #roll-group-ingenierie)         [Géographie](! #roll-group-geo)         [Histoire](! #roll-group-histoire)         [Local](! #roll-group-local)         [Nature](! #roll-group-nature)         [Noblesse](! #roll-group-noblesse)         [Plans](! #roll-group-plan)         [Religion](! #roll-group-religion) }} And a test macro which don't work : [niv1](!#ph-niv1)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The part that is giving you problems is |^^[low]( ! # parcheminL Which are the resolved html replacements I was talking about. Here is an article on the need for them and a guide for when to use them. I would suggest rebuilding this as a token actions (which has far less dependence on html replacements), or keeping an unedited copy outside of the game in a text file. To fix that, instead of  !# you need to replace each instance with whatever was there beforehand. I'm unfamiliar with Powercards syntax, but my assumption is that would be: !
# Every time you close and open a macro (not an Action, which is a macro built on the character sheet instead of the collections tab), that code will revert to the unusable version you posted. If you are not going to use Actions, then you need to keep a correct copy elsewhere.
Thanks a lot Keithcurtis, first test is working. I don't understand why my macros stop to work, but your advice is good and solve the issue. I will read more in detail this part of the documentation.