Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multiple Initiative Passes

Hey, So I haven't seen anything on this and I had been wondering, is there any way to handle multiple initiative passes in the initiative tracker. So specifically I am wondering for shadowrun and the example would be the Street Sam has an 3 passes, the Adept has 4 the mooks have 3 and the hacker has 1. So if their initiative was decending in that order the whole combat turn would go SS, A, M, H, SS, A, M, SS, A, M, A, and then a new combat turn would start. My initial thought was well just cycle through the Tracker, but then it would show passes for people that didn't have one. My next though was just drag the token onto the tracker multiple times but then when you sort to the highest initiative the multiple passes would all be grouped together.

Edited 1398174439
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
Each token can have multiple turns. So you can set it up to go SS, A, M, H, SS, etc. Just do the same right-click on the token and hit "Add Turn" for however many turns you want the token to have. I'm not sure what you mean on the sorting. Either a) their turn order is set so there would be no sorting (e.g. SS should never go twice in a row), or b) the initiative value determines the order, so it's possible that SS can go 3 times in a row in a single "pass".
Neirin
Sheet Author
From your text I assume you are playing 4th Edition: (for how I do my 5th Edition game see below) Like Riley already said and you already figured out, you have to add each person multiple times. For the sorting issue: Add each Person once into the tracker with their initiative Sort the tracker. Add each token once more per initiative pass they have, in order they are listed in the tracker. So you can sort the first time around and then add the ones that go more than once. For 5th Edition I use a simple macro: /em ends the turn. (-[[10 &{tracker:-}]] to Initiative.) Subtracts 10 from the Number in the tracker for the selected token. So you just have to add each token once (which you can also do with the &{tracker} in the initiative macro you may be using) and then procede to use the macro above after each Initiative Pass. As long as there is someone with a positive Initiative in the tracker, you keep going.