Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multi Save macros

So i have this macro that make a whole-party fort saves but i want a way to make a question about which Save(Fort,Ref,Will) i want to make. For example i want to make a question asking which save i want to make and that choice change the " Fort " part of my macro: %{Lak'tuk| fort -save} %{Archer| fort -save} %{Wölkerk| fort -save} %{Lumpen| fort -save} %{Gehrman| fort -save} %{Monje| fort -save} I am Plus so no API :/
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Oscar A. said: So i have this macro that make a whole-party fort saves but i want a way to make a question about which Save(Fort,Ref,Will) i want to make. For example i want to make a question asking which save i want to make and that choice change the "Fort" part of my macro: %{Lak'tuk|fort-save} %{Archer|fort-save} %{Wölkerk|fort-save} %{Lumpen|fort-save} %{Gehrman|fort-save} %{Monje|fort-save} I am Plus so no API :/ I think you should be able to simply substitute a query for the save type. (untested...) ?{which save?|fort,fort|ref,ref|will,will|} example; so instead of %{Monje|fort-save} it would be %{Monje|?{which save?|fort,fort|ref,ref|will,will|}-save}
Vince said: Oscar A. said: So i have this macro that make a whole-party fort saves but i want a way to make a question about which Save(Fort,Ref,Will) i want to make. For example i want to make a question asking which save i want to make and that choice change the "Fort" part of my macro: %{Lak'tuk|fort-save} %{Archer|fort-save} %{Wölkerk|fort-save} %{Lumpen|fort-save} %{Gehrman|fort-save} %{Monje|fort-save} I am Plus so no API :/ I think you should be able to simply substitute a query for the save type. (untested...) ?{which save?|fort,fort|ref,ref|will,will|} example; so instead of %{Monje|fort-save} it would be %{Monje|?{which save?|fort,fort|ref,ref|will,will|}-save} it doesnt work, i think it cant be done because of the read order of commands. i tried nesting like this: &nbsp;?{Type of Save|Fort,#Fort-Save-Party|Ref,#Ref-Save-Party |Will,#Will-Save-Party}&nbsp; &nbsp; (this is exactly like the&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Nesting_Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros#Nesting_Macros</a> &nbsp;says) and in the chat the result is only the name of the macro, if i leave a space after the macro name like the Nesting_Macros says it mess up the query.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Won't that fail due to the order of the operations? You probably need to put the full call in each row of the query, like ?{Which save?|Lak'tuk Fort,%{Lak'tuk|fort-save}|Lak'tuk Reflex,%{Lak'tuk|reflex-save}|Lak'tuk Will,%{Lak'tuk|will-save}|Archer Fort,%{Archer|fort-save} } fill in extra entries as needed. You cant build an attribute or ability call from two queries, so the above looks like the only way. To simplify it, you could use chat menu. to print out all the parts in categories. You'll get a set of buttons for each macro printed to chat, and can click them as needed. It's quicker than using a query. It's whispered to the GM, so only you see the buttons. /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Group Saves}} {{Lak'tuk= [Fort](~Lak'tuk|fort-save)&nbsp; [Reflex](~Lak'tuk|reflex-save)&nbsp; [Will](~Lak'tuk|will-save) }} {{Archer= [Fort](~Archer|fort-save)&nbsp; [Reflex](~ Archer |reflex-save)&nbsp; [Will](~ Archer |will-save) }} The above code is broken across two lines for clarity - in your macro, remove the line break.&nbsp; You can repeat the last line for as many characters as you need, just change the character names.

Edited 1575842153
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I like the chat menus option.&nbsp; Queries seem to come with too many "gotchas"...&nbsp;
/w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Group Saves}} {{Lak'tuk= [Fort](~Lak'tuk|fort-save)&nbsp; [Reflex](~Lak'tuk|reflex-save)&nbsp; [Will](~Lak'tuk|will-save) }} {{Archer= [Fort](~Archer|fort-save)&nbsp; [Reflex](~ Archer |reflex-save)&nbsp; [Will](~ Archer |will-save) }} The above code is broken across two lines for clarity - in your macro, remove the line break.&nbsp; You can repeat the last line for as many characters as you need, just change the character names. Woow that is very nice, is there a way to include more saves in one button like&nbsp; {{Lak'tuk= [Fort](~Lak'tuk|fort-save)+( ~Archer|fort-save) ????

Edited 1575843505
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just add the additional characters, each within double curly brackets. /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Group Saves}} {{Lak'tuk=[Fort](~Lak'tuk|fort-save) [Reflex](~Lak'tuk|reflex-save) [Will](~Lak'tuk|will-save) }} {{Monje=[Fort](~Monje|fort-save) [Reflex](~Monje|reflex-save) [Will](~Monje|will-save) }} {{Wölkerk=[Fort](~Wölkerk|fort-save) [Reflex](~Wölkerk|reflex-save) [Will](~Wölkerk|will-save) }} {{Lumpen=[Fort](~Lumpen|fort-save) [Reflex](~Lumpen|reflex-save) [Will](~Lumpen|will-save) }} {{Gehrman=[Fort](~Gehrman|fort-save) [Reflex](~Gehrman|reflex-save) [Will](~Gehrman|will-save) }} {{Monje=[Fort](~Monje|fort-save) [Reflex](~Monje|reflex-save) [Will](~Monje|will-save) }}
Vince said: Just add the additional characters, each within double curly brackets. /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=Group Saves}} {{Lak'tuk=[Fort](~Lak'tuk|fort-save) [Reflex](~Lak'tuk|reflex-save) [Will](~Lak'tuk|will-save) }} {{Monje=[Fort](~Monje|fort-save) [Reflex](~Monje|reflex-save) [Will](~Monje|will-save) }} {{Wölkerk=[Fort](~Wölkerk|fort-save) [Reflex](~Wölkerk|reflex-save) [Will](~Wölkerk|will-save) }} {{Lumpen=[Fort](~Lumpen|fort-save) [Reflex](~Lumpen|reflex-save) [Will](~Lumpen|will-save) }} {{Gehrman=[Fort](~Gehrman|fort-save) [Reflex](~Gehrman|reflex-save) [Will](~Gehrman|will-save) }} {{Monje=[Fort](~Monje|fort-save) [Reflex](~Monje|reflex-save) [Will](~Monje|will-save) }} That is very useful!!! too but i mean with one template(3 buttons) throw all&nbsp; Fort, Ref or Will saves for all the character and not clicking each one separatly

Edited 1575849256
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I think you would need to make a separate macro for each save (#fort, #ref, #will), within each of those "save" macros you include a roll for all players, then you make a chat menu macro with 3 buttons (fort, ref, will) that simply rolls the appropriate save macro.&nbsp; Running out with the family to do some x-mas photos... I can help more later.
Vince said: I think you would need to make a separate macro for each save (#fort, #ref, #will), within each of those "save" macros you include a roll for all players, then you make a chat menu macro with 3 buttons (fort, ref, will) that simply rolls the appropriate save macro.&nbsp; Running out with the family to do some x-mas photos... I can help more later. I already done it&nbsp; but i wanted it all together, anyways i created this macro to Throw Diferente Saves (1 diferente macro for every type of save) that use target so i can control which player is making throws: &amp;{template:pf_defense} {{name=Fortitude Saving Throw}} {{@{target|1st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|1st Target|fort}|0}]]}} {{@{target|2st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|2st Target|fort}|0}]]}} {{@{target|3st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|3st Target|fort}|0}]]}} {{@{target|4st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|4st Target|fort}|0}]]}} {{@{target|5st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|5st Target|fort}|0}]]}} {{@{target|6st Target|token_name}=[[d20 + @{target|6st Target|fort}|0}]]}} Where Fort is the Fortitudes atribute of each individual token