Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API NOT WORKING

Possible infinitle loop error keeps coming up. Anyone else?
Mino
Marketplace Creator
You'll have to be a bit more specific than that. What does the error say? Can you provide a log of the console output? The API is just fine on my end, so it's probably an issue with one of your scripts.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This isn't a break in the API console. This is actually a security feature to prevent a script from locking your game. It means that a script you have installed has been using the server processes for too long without a break. If you're developing a script, then I'd look at places where you are making 1) very large calculations or 2) iterating through a large number of objects (particularly Roll20 objects like tokens, characters, handouts, etc). Pretty much nothing I can imagine doing in an API script should be large enough to cause problem number 1, unless the script is just coded extremely inefficiently (I'd almost use deliberately inefficient). Number 2 can be a large issue though if the script was designed in a small test environment and then used in a large game (say 2 mad mages or storm king thunders). If you aren't developing any scripts, what scripts do you have installed, and what are you doing on the vtt when the infinite loop is triggered?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm developing and running APIs constantly.  I have no issues.  You might have an issue in a single API.  What API is it?  Name?