Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Menu Maker Causing Api to create infinite loop

As title states has anyone had this happen to them?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
How big is your game Anthony (in number of characters)? I can see how the code on menu maker might run into the infinite loop detection, but it'd take a pretty massive game.
Scott C. said: How big is your game Anthony (in number of characters)? I can see how the code on menu maker might run into the infinite loop detection, but it'd take a pretty massive game. Its the dungeon of the Mad Mage Campaign, roughly 350 Characters. I think it's just too much for the script.

Edited 1575946418
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Don't think so.  I have 1000 tracks and now I'm running dup checks in Roll20AM that rolls through thousands of tracks and multiple playlists each time checking for Dups in Roll20AM.  It's something else.  
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, ok, I'll load up a mad mage game and see what I can do

Edited 1576294489
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's a "possibility" of a time out going on, but highly unlikely, not with 350 objects unless there's a call out to the Roll20 Campaign Objects that isn't tuned????
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Victor, I think best not to speculate on whether the code is tuned or not, when the code is readily accessible and you can check it. Why did you mention roll20AM?

Edited 1576340220
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Because in Roll20AM it's accessing jukebox objects thousands of times for the new duplicate check I'm building into next version.  I'm getting a track and then scrolling through all other tracks (and I have at least a thousand) to check for where the duplicates might exist.  It's doing this for every track in every playlist.  That's a lot of processing and I'm not seeing any issues related to volume of data.  That's why I'm suggesting that it may be a call to the campaign objects that isn't as tuned as it could be (maybe a findall which Roll20 suggests shouldn't be used).  And it could be that for whatever reason there is too much to go through and nothing can be done about it.  .
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I can guarantee it's not a allObjs call, as I don't use it. I'll be driving in to it tonight/tomorrow. As for the duplicate check you outlined Victor, that sounds less efficient than it could be.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'd love for some ideas. 
I started getting the same issue in my dragon heist game.