Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP for a BETA test game

Hello everyone,  For more than two years, I am working on my universe for my future paid game, which I plan to start in the first quarter of 2020. To ensure that my universe is complete, I am actively looking for 1 or 2 beta-player testers. It will be a solo game to make it easier for the availability and exploration of the universe. HOWEVER, if you live with someone with the same availability as you, I will gladly do the beta-testing with both of you.  My universe is called Shiner State, the 51st state of the USA. On the east coast near New York, located on an island, Shiner State is the 44th most populous state of the United States of America.  I have one scenario I need to finish, a scenario based on good and evil, that I need to finish one time to see if I'm able to hold every part of the scenario. For this one, you will need to make a character that got a good basis, as the player will be on the good side. The character CANNOT have any supernatural powers. This game includes a lot of supernatural, don't worry. The game will be divided into different parts: - Session zero will be for you and me to discuss together and create your character, his background and other details.  - Session one: Getting started with the system and exploration. For this part, you will learn how the system works. During it, you will be 100% free to explore the universe, to see if everything seems to be coherent and established. The scenario will be slowly introduced during this part. - Part 2: Beginning of the core scenario. At a certain point, some elements will become more present, and the scenario will start.  - Part 3: Execution of the scenario. A specific event, during the game, will make a transition between the introduction and the main scenario.  - The final part is leading to the conclusion and debriefing.  I am using, for my games, the system Chronicles of darkness. You don't need to know it, as a part of the test is to see if I can clearly and easily introduce it to a player. Please note that if you know the system, I am only using the rules of it, not the lore of it and some of the rules were modified.  Of course, as a beta tester, the game will be 100% free from the first session to the last one. As a regular paid game, it will come with your character, illustrated in my universe style and up to 3 persons of his surrounding/background.  I am expecting to start the first game at the beginning of January, the latest. Session 0 will occur before that, so I know where we are going.  Also, I would need to do a game for someone that wants a game that I don't have a scenario prepared for that. I have four scenarios, a zombie one, the one I'm making here, a supernatural scenario and a scenario involving portals that open. If someone got a request, it would work the same way as my good/evil scenario I will do, simply post your request. Please note that it is not guaranteed that this will happen. The game will be created, on roll 20, in a couple of days, I still have some details to finish.  What I'm looking for: - Be a curious person and like to explore - Have good availability that matches mine (I am on eastern time. I am available every night after one am. I'm working Friday to Monday, 3:30 pm to midnight) The other days will be week by week, but I'm usually free Tuesday to Thursday almost all time.  - Being willing to help constructively, be a critic and keep in mind it's to upgrade everything.  - Take notes during the game and do a debriefing after every session.  - You never played in Shiner State, or it was while ago.  - You need to be serious and reliable. I need someone on who I can rely on being present on multiple session.  - Be willing to make sessions of 4h minimum.  - Pitch your character concept idea in your reply, so I can have an idea of your motivation/idea.  - Have a Skype account, a discord account of a way to make an audio call. A webcam is a must, so I can see your reactions.  - Please note that my first language is French. If you speak French, I can do the game in French, but you need to understand English, as all my handouts are in English. Having a good level of English is a Plus, as finding some mistakes is a good asset.  To thank you for your help, you will have yourself illustrated as an NPC, doing the jobs of your choice. After the campaign, you will be encouraged to leave a comment on the game and me. Also, even if the game is free as a beta-tester, a small tip when the campaign is done is always appreciated, but never mandatory.  Thank you for your attention, and have a wonderful day/night. 
It might seems a lot of specific request, but at the end, it's still to have some fun :=) This will je just some useful fun for me. I know it's not for everyone, a solo game, but like I explained, it's easier to make multiple sessions in a row with only one person to match availability. If two persons got the same time they can play and it's stable, I'm ok running for both.