Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Removing or Adding Player to a Sheet Bug

This is a continuation of this thread as the issue was never solved, but now it seems to have worsened: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7489076/transferring-character-from-one-campaign-causes-issues/?pageforid=7489076#post-7489076" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7489076/transferring-character-from-one-campaign-causes-issues/?pageforid=7489076#post-7489076</a> To first explain the worsening (while also stating that the original effect is still in play): Before, the issue only persisted when transferring a sheet to another room, but now sheets in the game are refusing to grant or be removed in the game itself for some of the GMs and me. I have done this test on three computers (with assistance of two other GMs in the game). In Test One, I used both Chrome and Firefox on my own computer. In order to add or remove a player from a character sheet, I needed to force it to reregister by making a new character, causing the room to allow me to retry on any characters I had removed previous to adding the new sheet. These are the details: Console Log Chrome Version: Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit) Firefox: 71.0 (64-bit) Windows 10 Windows Defender (Attempted disabled and enabled) All Extensions disabled (Normally running VTT Enhancement Suite, Ublock Origin, Dark Mode, Privacy Badger, and Tampermonkey) In Test Two, the GM received no issue with adding or removing any sheets. These are the details: Console Log Chrome Version: Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 10 Windows Defender Adblock Plus In Test Three, the GM found reloading corrected the issue of removed player sheets, but had to do the method in test 1 to grant access to sheets. These are the details: Console Log Chrome Version: Version 79.0.3945.79 (Official Build) (64-bit) Windows 7 Malwarebytes and Spybot S&amp;D Adblock Plus, Dark Theme for Youtube, Earth View from Google Earth, Google Docs Offline, Note Anywhere, Video Speed Controller, View Image.
Hi there, Thank you so much for that detailed information, it's very much appreciated. Going to tread some old ground here but it's worth it given how many changes there've been since then. Are these issues happening specifically just with the Open Legend sheets as you described in your previous forum posts? Across games?
The issue mostly stems, from what I can tell, from this one game. It is titled Seyaria Living Campaign (SLC). When moving the sheets from the main room (SLC) to one of our secondary rooms (SLC - Trinity's Triple Threat, SLC - Tober's Dam, and similarly named rooms) it would cause a strange glitch to occur where most sheets would not set properly to the player we'd attempt to set them to (which is when we'd have to follow the list of steps in the linked post series and still need to do this regularly). Recently this issue has expanded for some to now even affect the sheets in the SLC room and not just when we transfer them. The process is simple to test for it, enter into the room, click on a sheet, click edit, change the permissions to grant the sheet to no one (for 1/3 people it worked just fine. For the other two, they had to do additional steps. #2 had to restart the room and #1 (me) had to do the following steps), create a new sheet (and close and ignore it), it forced the room to update the register and now go back to the other sheet and click edit, click save. The permissions are now saved as they should be. This issue also continues for if the sheet is to have someone added to it in which case two of the three had to follow the steps outlined there and restarting the room did not fix it. I'm unsure if this has to do with the OL sheet and I'm not fluent enough in coding to find the issue if it does exist in the sheet. Furthermore the OL Sheet Dev hasn't heard of such issues occurring before (as far as I've been informed). However, it is only happening to sheets created in the SLC game room and not one of the side rooms as far as I've tested (which includes rigorous filling out of a brand new sheet). I just know it at least occurs to the following sheets in the Seyaria Living Campaign room: Volker Van Narbe, Luxala, Sylux (both of them), and many others.
Hi&nbsp;TrinitysEnd -&nbsp; Unfortunately, one of the biggest unknowns in this equation, which makes this issue difficult to isolate and troubleshoot, is the usage of non-supported extensions in the games. Even though they are disabled, these extensions have already affected the game's data and integrity. What we can recommend is trying to create a new game (not a copy) without these extensions installed. If that new game is still having the same problem, please let us know.
My only question with this is why would this one game be affected and not the dozens other games I've made with the same extensions installed? I'll see if I can remake the room, but it's just a lot of work since I'll have to transfer around 100+ sheets without actually transferring them (since that'd likely keep the same issue).