Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

HTML/CSS Textarea help needed

PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
I am a relative novice at html and one thing has always bugged me on any character sheet that I have used or created that uses a textarea in the sheet. Although most will allow you to resize a textarea on your character sheet, once that page has been reloaded (either via a page reload or joining a session again for the next meet up) the textarea returns to the original size dictated during sheet creation. Is there an html or css function that would allow the sheet to remember the previous resize that the owner of a particular character sheet committed to an individual text box so that upon reloading, it would be unnecessary for them to go about resizing those individual textareas again?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I dont think there's any way on roll20 to remember the setting of a textbox. Not unless you included an inputbox to let the player manually set them, and that isnt really a good solution. This is because the scripting we have can only affect attributes, and not the sheet's DOM (the document layout). You can set the initial size in the sheet's html, but it'll always revert to those settings.
PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
Ah, well. I was hoping there might be something I didn't know about. It's obviously not a critical issue but it would have been nice. Thank you for the response.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think the same. It would be really nice. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Authors could offer some "size/style" css options... e.g. .sheet-textarea-sm, .sheet-textarea-med, .sheet-textarea-lg  Then have an option(radio or checkbox) that lets the sheet's user decide the default size.
PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
That's an interesting idea if I can find some way to work it into the sheet economically (space-wise).