Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Initiative Rolls and the Turn Tracker Question

PhailedGamer
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm currently running a game of Deadlands Classic and in most of my games, I try to automate things as much as possible. So here's the issue. For those that don't know, in Deadlands Classic, for initiative, a roll is made to determine the number of cards you receive and then each card is called out from Ace down to Two and if your card comes up, you get to act. With the ability to add cards to the Turn Tracker, we can now sort those cards much more quickly and use the Turn Tracker to see who acts when. At the moment however, the only way I know to do this is to Add a Turn via the token, drag that entry to the top of the Turn Tracker, drag the card directly from the deck (not from the character's hand or from the tabletop) up to that marker on the Turn Tracker, and repeat. I know that you can also deal cards directly to the Turn Tracker but this doesn't work so well in Classic as it deals cards to ALL entries on the Turn Tracker (and NPCs use cards from a different deck than the player's deck). I could of course have all the players roll initiative first, set their turns on the tracker, deal out the cards, and then add the NPCs and deal out their cards individually, of course (but that's not the issue we're here for). My issue specifically deals with adding player turns into the turn tracker. As you can see by the way Classic rolls initiative, many players will have multiple entries on the tracker (one for each card they are to be dealt). When using a macro, you can add an initiative into the Turn Tracker by using &{Tracker}. What I'm interested in knowing is if there is a way, when rolling initiative, for a macro to add multiple entries into the Turn Tracker for a single roll so that when a player rolls his initiative and determines that he will receive 3 cards, the Turn Tracker would add 3 separate entries for them (to which we could then drag or deal cards). If I can figure out this aspect of it, I may be able, on my own, to deduce a way to automate some of the other functions that I desire (and if I can't, I'll be sure to be back to the forums to ask if anyone else might).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, this could definitely be handled via the API.&nbsp; I don't know much about Deadlands, but there is a Savage Worlds init script that may either work, or act as a jumping off point for you to make your own: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2286409/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2286409/slug%7D</a>