Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun 5th Edition Version 3

Edited 1573231779
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Shadowrun 5th Edition players, I'm doing a massive refactor and update to the Shadowrun 5th Edition sheet. I apologizes now for the bugs and hassles this will cause. It will be worth it. I am working on the many requested features now which are easier to do thanks to this refactor. It will also allow me to reuse some code for Sixth Edition sheet. Version 3.1 LOT of refactoring of the PC sheet. Keep me posted on bug. New bug: Repeating sections may now have missing notes. I will fix this for next Tuesday. New bug: Augmentation names are no longer showing up. This was a typo on my part and will be fixed Tuesday. Bug Fix: NPC Armor Rating, Defense, Soak buttons should now work as expected Bug Fix: NPC range weapons should no longer require you to switch to melee to add reach attribute Feature: There is now a Preparations section for your readied preparations. Feature: Drain roll was added to Powers section for Adapts Version 3 Added Drain & Fade buttons to the top of the magic/complex form sections Fixed bug where rolls were working due to toggles. Fixed NPC Cyberdeck being eschewed. Roll & Action buttons are easier to identify now. Overhauled NPCs. Range weapons may a bug at the moment. Workaround : Switch an NPC range weapon to Melee and enter 0 in the Reach input. Then switch it back. I've already got a fix for this for next week. Next week I will release a new repeating section for prepared Preparations. Spells section is going to be completely refactored. I apologize now for any issues and I'm trying hard to catch them before release.
Are you looking for feedback atm, or should I wait for next week?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can provide feedback now. It will give me a chance to fix anything I haven't caught.
It's mainly the Grunts sheet that's been bugging (hah!) me actually: -You already caught the weapon thing -Clicking Armor Rating, Defense or Soak -- whatever you click, it rolls just Body and nothing else. -Maybe a quick way of editing the Condition Monitor without having to go into the cog edit mode? -It has a jet black background as opposed to the static/codey background of the player sheet. Can't recall if this was the case in other versions. -I would love a Primary Weapon attribute to be assigned to the first weapon in the list, so I can use my Fire Primary token macro that I made for players. Defense and soak token macros work on both, it's just Fire Primary that doesn't cross over. Players sheet: -All my existing sheets opened with every Skill in edit mode, and for some reason this stretched out the background image! Wasn't much of a bother, obviously, but figured I might as well mention it. -I like the idea of the big bumpers that signify a rollable macro, but I'm not sure if black text in a gray box on a gray background helps with visibility. Dunno if any other colour would make it worse though. -The defense roll button is very tiny, and it is something you might be rolling multiple times a session. Maybe a bigger button would be a cool idea. I usually use token macros for this myself, so it isn't something I'm worried about much I guess. -Love the addition of a Drain roll, thanks! Hopefully you can work with this! As always, thank you for the work so far, this sheet is the best of all SR char sheets -- by a long shot, imo.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Pippin!  Thanks for all the feedback. I'll take a look at those soak rolls this weekend. Adding a primary weapon & editable conditions tracks should be easy enough with the recent changes. I'll put those on my to do list. The PC sheet is a slower refactor since it has a lot more pieces. I'm finishing magic this weekend and preparations will now have a section for prepared preparations.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Pippin, Thanks for the post. I did a really big update this week. I have updated the top post with the changes. Those NPC bugs you mentioned should be fixed now. I'm played around with a few of the feature requests but decided to add them to my backlog for now while as I work through current round of updates. - Cassie
Hello, first off - great sheet, and thanks for the work. Unfortunately, JSON importing doesn't seem to work any more. If I export from chummer5.exe a character I successfully exported last week and haven't changed since, nothing happens when I hit the "import" button after pasting in the JSON text.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David, Thanks you. I'll test the importer weekend. I moved a few things around but nothing should  have impacted the Importer. Good to know some people are using it.
For what it's worth, the character can "succesfully fail" to import {} as a JSON (it naturally states no character info was included), so the button itself is working. But copying a JSON I successfully imported last week does nothing.  And that's the sum total of my JS experience, so I can't give any more useful tests. Thanks for taking a look.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
David, Could you email me a copy of your JSON file? If you don't mind me looking at the character. Just send it to <a href="mailto:support@emaraldproductionsllc.com" rel="nofollow">support@emaraldproductionsllc.com</a> . I don't actually use chummer so having files to test with is useful. Thanks, Cassie

Edited 1574024878
Thanks for the bug fix on the NPC buttons -- much easier this way. :) I cannot stress enough how happy I am with this char sheet in general so far. One more thing: is the dicepool meant to show up behind Soak but not Defense? Might be nice to have a number for Defense there as well. I'm also happy to that my token macros for Dodge and Soak work whether it's a PC, a NPC or a drone! Figured I might as well share them though there's nothing special about them. They're just the sheet rolls, with the character name replaced with 'selected'. A small trick but helps ever so much during combat. Dodge: @{selected|gm_toggle} &amp;{template:rolls}{{header=^{defense}}}{{base=^{base}}}{{dice=[[((@{selected|defense})+@{selected|wounds_toggle}+@{selected|modifiers_toggle}+@{selected|edge_toggle})d6&gt;5@{selected|explode_toggle}]]}}{{mod=[[@{selected|modifiers_toggle}]]}}{{wound=[[@{selected|wounds_toggle}]]}}{{edge=[[@{selected|edge_toggle}]]}} Soak: @{selected|gm_toggle} &amp;{template:rolls}{{header=^{soak}}}{{base=^{base}}}{{dice=[[((@{selected|soak})+@{selected|modifiers_toggle}+@{selected|edge_toggle})d6&gt;5@{selected|explode_toggle}]]}}{{mod=[[@{selected|modifiers_toggle}]]}}{{edge=[[@{selected|edge_toggle}]]}} style= The only thing missing is a Fire Primary which works for PC but not for NPCs (yet) :D Looking forward to that one!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The importer was broke. It should be working again as of tomorrow when the code goes live.
Importing still does not work for me or any of the people in my game.&nbsp; We also tried making a new game from scratch in case something wasn't updating properly.&nbsp; Dunno if it's working for David R. Compendium chosen was DnD 5th Edition (since it said it didn't care which Compendium, it just needed one, and Shadowrun didn't show up on the list). At&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Shadowrun5thEdition" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Shadowrun5thEdition</a> &nbsp;the most recent update visible is 21 days ago.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Bummer. I thought I'd fixed this last weekend. I'll try again.&nbsp;
indeed, not functioning :( I just used the "test" compendium. (is implementing a toggle for "recoil", done similarly to "wounds" and "modifiers", feasible? Could affect only primary ranged weapon, utilize the same button as the ammo tracker, stacking penalties for each round fired, subtracting STR and recoil mods of primary ranged weapon, with a little button to reset the recoil counter back to zero when appropriate? Possibly more trouble than it's worth.)
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This should be fixed for real this time. Update will be out on 7th January.