Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Find a handout's link in the journal?

Edited 1576691151
Erik S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If Im reading a handout and it has a link to a character or creature or another handout, and I click that link it will pop open that character or creature or handout. Which is great. But what if I want to FIND that character or creature or handout in the journal list? For example, if I want to pull the character or creature out on to the map as a token. Is there a way to make the link make the journal list filter/display or go to the character or creature or handout in the journal list?
Hey there, for some handouts on things like the Tyranny of Dragons modules, if a token is displayed on that character's Bio & Info tab, you should be able to simply drag-and-drop from that tab onto the play area. Otherwise, the best way is to search for whatever you might need. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just a minor note: Dragging the Avatar of a Character from the Bio & Info tab will create a token from the Avatar, not the Default Token for the Character. I.e: it will just be a graphic with no link back to the character in question.

Edited 1576695476
Erik S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks that is quite useful to know. ...it will just be a graphic with no link back to the character in question. Actually I just tested, and while you are correct that it isn't the default token; it did have a link back to the character. Specifically the Represents Character  pull down was correctly linked. EDIT: is there any reason why puling the avatar doesn't result in the default token? Or why pulling the default token from the character Bio & Info tab isn't an option?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Erik S. said: Actually I just tested, and while you are correct that it isn't the default token; it did have a link back to the character. Specifically the Represents Character  pull down was correctly linked. Ah, good to know. =D  I guess I should have said It won't have Bars linked to the Character, or auras, scale, vision and permissions set up.