Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Weird Macro behavior

Edited 1576742207
Ivo
Pro
Game was fine yesterday, today, no matter what macro I run, it spits out to chat a lot of macro output from multiple macros that I'm not even calling, starting with a macro that calls a roll-able table, I have the API as well. I have never seen anything like it before. And some things don't work at all, like /desc Hi in chat, zero output. Any ideas how  to recover from this state, clearly something has been corrupted at some deep level. I've restarted the API, cleared chat logs, restarted the game, nothing changes. The last thing I did in game was to add another macro to a player sheet. Edit. Actually, nothing is working, if I try to run a macro, its just spits out to chat the last 20 or so chat entries(corrupted in various ways), over and over each time I run a macro. So nothing new is happening, its just spitting old logs to chat Edit. Additional testing. I can launch the game, delete a roll-table, exit the game clean. When I launch the game again, the table is back. That sounds like a database disconnect?
Hey there, sorry to hear of the issue. Have you cleared the chat archive (from your game's landing page) as well as the chat log? They're different, so it may help to clear both. Copy/pasting the Macro can sometimes help, as well. If you could provide us with a console log should those two suggestions not help that would be useful information as well.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here are instructions for: Clearing the Chat Archive  and  clearing your current Chat Log A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.
Clearing the  chat archive  (from the game's landing page) solved the problem thank you!