Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[CWOD V20 & DAV20] Sheet Changes Coming. Back Up Sheets

Hey folks I am providing a quality of life update to the V20 & DA V20 sheets. I'm posting on here and providing a notice on Twitter to get as many folks aware ahead of time. I'll be doing the pull request a week after this post goes live (which means it'll be December 1st) that'll give a little more than a week for players and STs to backup. Below I am going to detail the changes and updates. I advise backing up everything especially those of you using CWOD DA V20 as the whole sheet is being replaced. Here is a list of updates. The updates pertain to CWOD V20 but DAV20 will be getting completely overhauled. These were requests from the community from my previous update and the Dark Ages sheet was especially a heavy request that it get the same treatment (to the point people have been paying for my Roll20 Pro to get it finished as I'm a bit tight on cash myself atm). Anyway enough rambling here are the updates. This update covers a number of requested features from users as well as bug fixes. Updates: - We shrunk the dot size of everything to better fit them on the sheets and make it look much cleaner. - Rmoved the excess Other category and Merits and Flaws at the bottom left of the Primary tab and replaced this with a section for the Sins for the character's Path/Road. These sections already have their own spots so there was no sense in having a second spot for them. NOTE: This means back up these 3 sections to another spot before the update goes live.  - A box now surrounds the Virtues that can be clicked on so new players and sheet users know now that it can be changed instead of stumbling upon this features - We added a number of Extra Bruised Health Levels. From 3 to 12 in fact. This is obviously for creatures the ST may need to throw at bad players ;) but it can also be useful for house rules or homebrew. - The Other Traits tab has been expaneded. Now it includes Secondary Abilities that many STs are still very fond of using (and appear in Mage20), this is of course in addition to the 15 Other Traits for those who need it all. - Slightly tweaked Experience Tab now instead of a checkbox to show its been complete we've changed this to points spent, and the date they were spent on. This we find has been requested as its more clear when things were obtained. This allows an ST to track purchases precisely and prevents problem players from being dishonest if filled out poperly. - Combat Tab has been given an expansion with the addition of Vehicles and Havens! We may eventually change the Combat tab to the Equipment tab as it is more appropriate but it isn't a very pressing issue at the momement. We're also taking feedback on this new section. A number of folk liked this update in our Discord. -  Fixes: - Fixed the issue of Movement not being tracked properly it'll start with default values for everything now letting players and STs see a proper movement speed.  Here is a sample image of the new DA V20 Sheet. The V20 will also share this appearance other than the obvious differences such as Abilities and the banner.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to get this information out to as many people as possible, here's the way to do it: Delay your big push for another week For next week, push a small update: add a notice at the top of the character sheet, that changes are coming the week after, with a button to open up a section with more detailed information. The vast majority of people using the sheets will not be reading these forums, and are very unlikely to stuumble across the notification on twitter. But if they are using the sheet, they are guaranteed to see a notice you put on the sheet itself. (At least if they play weekly - that itself isnt guaranteed). Another method is to create a versioning sheet worker, that automatically migrates data when possible. I wouldnt be surprised if the devs on github require you to do this - I've seen it happen before for much smaller changes.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah do the one week delay as GiGs suggests. I fudged up things literally this week bc I didn't test and wait enough for my update to be sure it's good enough(didn't change any stats but still caused major toruble), so I'm probably in for just having to revert things, and either spend good amount of time to playtest it with old sheets, or let the update rest for a good time.
Thats a pretty good idea, devs on github haven't required anything more than I'm doing now but I'll do just that and push out a small notice at the top of the sheet and give them an extra week. I haven't pushed the currently discussed sheet just yet anyway just in case.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Looks great!
I appreciate it! I've been taking a lot of feedback via the Discord server and Twitch viewers who watch our VtM games. Still taking more of course but I can't really think of any major changes at this point its minor cleanup and tool tips that it needs now.
Greetings Citizens!  My playgroup and myself has waited with baited breath for this sheet update, holding off on using the roll20 sheet as this update was coming down the pipe. To your knowledge has this fallen through the cracks and/or been canceled?
Need New sheets, give now. Need new sheets, give now.
We hasn't fallen through yet folks, I'm doing some much needed QA before I release it to the wild :) I am hoping to have it out before New Years.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rin Vindor said:  I am hoping to have it out before New Years. I'll just remind that Roll20 Sheet updates & merges are done on January 7th the next time, no no need to hurry at least for that reason.
I appreciate the heads up on that Andreas!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I've submitted a fix for the language tag issues the sheet have, but some people say there are stuff going on with the health boxes or something. The info about Merits &amp; flaws being moved isn't getting out to people either. Check these threads: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8071849/issues-with-vampire-20th-anniversary-sheet" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8071849/issues-with-vampire-20th-anniversary-sheet</a> <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8072571/vampire-the-masquerade-v20-character-sheet-is-broken" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/8072571/vampire-the-masquerade-v20-character-sheet-is-broken</a>
@Andreas J. I appreciate the fix on the language tag issues. I can't figure out why I was having issues with the tags. I've gone back over and submitted fixes for the rest of it (still not sure why language tags were giving issues since I didn't mess with them when updating the sheet to begin with). I'll go ahead and begin to issue a patch that moves Merits and Flaws.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rin Vindor said: @Andreas J. I appreciate the fix on the language tag issues. I can't figure out why I was having issues with the tags. I've gone back over and submitted fixes for the rest of it (still not sure why language tags were giving issues since I didn't mess with them when updating the sheet to begin with). If you look carefully on my fix, you see that the HTML language attribute where misplaced on the parent tag , instead of the &lt;h3&gt;/&lt;h4&gt; tags that they should have. This made the sections ignore that fact that there was a &lt;h3&gt;/&lt;h4&gt; tag inside them, and showed the text as if it was placed directly in the &lt;hd&gt; tag.
Ah I see, yeah I'm glad you were able to spot that, for whatever reason I wasn't seeing that for the life of me.
Hi, I hope this is the right place, but since the update I can't track Points Per Turn/Max Blood/Max Trait or any of the Movement Speed anymore, this is in all the V20 games I'm in, is there something we're doing wrong?
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure what the cause is but I'll take a look and get to fixing it.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rin Vindor said: Sorry for the delayed response. I'm not sure what the cause is but I'll take a look and get to fixing it. The fact that you have one PR that haven't been approved &amp; merged thanks to a conflict might have something to do with it?
So looking at this I realize its something to do with whoever updated the translations because whenever I remove the translation tags for these, they all return to normal. I'm not very familiar with how these work so I'm looking into how to fix it without hampering those who need translations.
Great news, I figured out the issue. It looks like whoever was using the&nbsp;data-i18n tag was causing the input boxes to vanish because you can't put the&nbsp;data-i18n tag in a heading tag. I tested this by puting the data-i18n in a &lt;span&gt; tag and it no longer causes the input box to vanish. I'll be putting the fix into the sheet now.

Edited 1582288610
I'm sorry, but it does not appear like things have changed at least in the games I'm in.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Rin Vindor said: Great news, I figured out the issue. It looks like whoever was using the&nbsp;data-i18n tag was causing the input boxes to vanish because you can't put the&nbsp;data-i18n tag in a heading tag. No, this not the takeaway from the bug. The actual problem was that the input tag was inside a tag that have a language, which replaces all content inside the tag with the language-specific text, and ignores if there are other tags inside it. This is exactly the same thing as the bug I fixed earlier, the issue with the improperly placed language tags in the tables and headings. This is ok: &lt;div&gt; &lt;span data-i18n="str"&gt;Strength&lt;/span&gt; &lt;input name="attr_str" type="number"&gt; &lt;/div&gt; In the above example, only the content of the span is replaced with the word "Strength". This is NOT ok: &lt;div data-i18n="str"&gt; Strength &lt;input name="attr_str" type="number"&gt; &lt;/div&gt; In the above example, the content of the dive is replaced with the word "Strength", which means the input will also disappear. (The second example is fine if no language tags are used, but poor code structure like this leads to more work/problems when you later implement language tags)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats a good explanation, Andreas.
Are the extra bruised boxes necessary? Just curious.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
BG said: Are the extra bruised boxes necessary? Just curious. Pretty sure what you see as "extra", is something useful for other people games. I don't really know V20, but I assume that those find use with high-level NPCs and/or highlevel/homebrew games. IIRC some of the other WoD sheets can hide extra boxes like this, and could be looked at for reference if something similar want to implemented on this sheet.
Andreas J. said: BG said: Are the extra bruised boxes necessary? Just curious. Pretty sure what you see as "extra", is something useful for other people games. I don't really know V20, but I assume that those find use with high-level NPCs and/or highlevel/homebrew games. IIRC some of the other WoD sheets can hide extra boxes like this, and could be looked at for reference if something similar want to implemented on this sheet. I'd really like the option to hide them but that's just a minor quibble, honestly. Just confuses some of my newer players is all.
BG said: Andreas J. said: BG said: Are the extra bruised boxes necessary? Just curious. Pretty sure what you see as "extra", is something useful for other people games. I don't really know V20, but I assume that those find use with high-level NPCs and/or highlevel/homebrew games. IIRC some of the other WoD sheets can hide extra boxes like this, and could be looked at for reference if something similar want to implemented on this sheet. I'd really like the option to hide them but that's just a minor quibble, honestly. Just confuses some of my newer players is all. I'll look into adding that as an option when I can. The current situation as an essential worker has me stretched thin but I'm still trying to find the energy to work on the sheet :) I also appreciate the feedback @Andreas J.
As for all the additional health boxes they're for creatures that possess additional health boxes from just being unique creatures or merits and or powers. It helps STs keep better track if they want and players if they've got something unique.
Rin Vindor said: As for all the additional health boxes they're for creatures that possess additional health boxes from just being unique creatures or merits and or powers. It helps STs keep better track if they want and players if they've got something unique. I was wondering if this is something that can be disabled per sheet? It confuses players when they're trying to figure out health levels. Thanks a lot for all the work you've done! Another question/suggestion would be the ability to roll dice by selecting skills/attributes. nWoD sheets do that, so by clicking Wits + Empathy, for example, it creates a macro and rolls it (plus asking if there are any modifiers and difficulty)
Hey Gabi, I can look into this and see about how to best implement that as a feature. Gabi said: Rin Vindor said: As for all the additional health boxes they're for creatures that possess additional health boxes from just being unique creatures or merits and or powers. It helps STs keep better track if they want and players if they've got something unique. I was wondering if this is something that can be disabled per sheet? It confuses players when they're trying to figure out health levels. Thanks a lot for all the work you've done! Another question/suggestion would be the ability to roll dice by selecting skills/attributes. nWoD sheets do that, so by clicking Wits + Empathy, for example, it creates a macro and rolls it (plus asking if there are any modifiers and difficulty)