Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character pop-out windows too large on multi-monitor display

Edited 1576941174
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Whenever I open a character in a pop-out window, its default size is always way too large for the second monitor I use for my games. For the character windows to be useful, I have to spend a lot of time resizing them so that they fit on the screen. I don't have this problem when Roll20 is running in a tab on my primary monitor. I'm having this problem in Chrome on Windows 10. The second monitor is larger, but its resolution is lower than my primary monitor. My guess here is that when it creates a character pop-out window, it sets the dimensions based on the resolution of the primary display, rather than whichever display the Roll20 tab is on.

Edited 1577045105
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hey Stephen L. - Hmm, interesting - I'm not necessarily able to replicate this on my end and I'm not sure how much we can do about this, unfortunately. I'll have to get some additional information and review it with our development team. To confirm, are you maximizing the window during this process? Or are you leaving it un-maximized and resizing it? Additionally, can you provide the specs for your monitors (physical sizes, resolutions, etc.), please? 
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The main tabletop window is maximized. I don't maximize the popout ones. I actually try to reduce their size so that I can have the VTT on one screen and several pop-outed character windows on the other. Here are my monitor specs: Primary monitor: 15" w/ 3840 x 2160 resolution Extended monitor (the one I usually have the VTT window in): 24" w/ 1920 x 1080 resolution