Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D][5E] - Looking for 2 Players WaterDeep: Dragon Heist and beyond

Hello all - I am looking for 2 players to bring a group up to 4 players. We will have a varying play schedule, generally on a Fri or Sat evening (EST) Ideally 8pm-12am. Minimum once a month, possibly more depending on availability of the group (ideal would be every other week). We use Discord and we would expect that you log on somewhat regularly to check for conversation around the game schedule.  We will play through official modules, you would be joining an already in progress "WaterDeep: Dragon Heist", beyond that we decide whats next as a group. If things are going smoothly you will continue to be invited.  I am 40, the other 2 players already part of the group are early and late 30's. We would prefer mid 20's or older please. Any level of experience is fine, male or female is fine. I would ask that you have access to a physical player handbook or an online version.  I have been DMing and playing since I was a teenager. I am (sadly) old enough that I played first edition and second edition in my formative years. I did not play for about 20 years and we recently got back into 5E... Disclaimer: We are still learning the system. If you are the type of player that spends vast amounts of time studying the rules and expect every game to follow, exactly, the rules... please keep looking.  If you are interested in a fun atmosphere where its OK to not know the exact way to do something or are ok with some artistic licence and learning on the fly, this might be the place for you.  The adventure has been on pause for some time now due to an unexpected death (IRL) of one of the players but we are trying to get going again.  Reply to this post and I will reach out. This is not a first come first serve, I will be looking for folks that will gel well with the 3 current participants (part of a larger gaming group and have known each other for a long time) Feel free to ask questions or clarification if I missed anything.  Thanks for reading! 
Hello, I am a 33 year old female who just this year has started getting into d&d and I love it so much. I would love to join your game if you would allow it. I am very willing to learn with you all. I have a digital version of the players handbook and I have learned a lot from listening to podcasts and even watching others actually play on twitch.  I am sorry that you had a death that happened, I'm sure that must still be tough.  I am active on Discord everyday when I get home from work and that time frame actually works perfectly for my schedule. Just let me know if you have any questions for me to see if I do vibe with you. My discord name is Femalegamelover#6243. Thank you.

Edited 1577507699
Light
Plus
First off I'm sorry about the death and hope that everyone in your group is okay. Thank you for opening up your group to the masses after something like that, as I'm sure it can put some strain on things. That being said, I would like to be one of those reaching masses hoping for a chance to play in your game. I happen to know a lot about the rules of 5e even with only 2 years experience under my belt. I've used so much time making character builds for fun... yeah. I am slightly pushing your age range there at 21 but I'm hoping that you'd give me a chance to prove myself to be a mature adult as much as I am a childish clown. You can reach me on Discord at Light#9707 if you'd like to talk about DnD at most any time. Either way, thank you for your time and I wish you a pleasant day/night.
I'm sorry for the short intro was playing ranked rainbow six.  I'm very sorry about your friends passing. Losing someone is always hard.  A little about me, I just started playing about six months ago.  I play as much as I can but don't overlap any games.  I'm an Iraq war vet with PTSD and this game has literally made my life better.  It's made me talk to people instead of withdrawing and being a hermit.  I'd really like to play with you guys and fem and I have played together before.  I'm very friendly and considerate.  I'm a little older myself as I'm 36.  So no high school drama from me.  Thank you for your time and consideration. Feel free to dm me. xSINx IX FNG XI#3911 is my discord
Sent you a PM as well: Hello. My name is Josh. I'm 43 years old and I'm looking to join a D&D group. It seems we have a similar history: I grew up playing D&D, from the original boxed sets to A LOT of 2nd edition. Aside from a couple of sessions of 5e recently, I haven't played in a good 15-20 years. I can play on Friday nights, maybe occasionally on Saturday, but I usually work. I enjoy a games that's a good mix of fighting, exploring and role play. I have a few character ideas so I was curious what rules you allow and what would fit the setting and party. Hope to hear from you soon!
Hello, I go by Acrid because I don't share certain private information on public forums.  I'm in my 30s, and got into D&D later in life, but I've been at it for about 10 years, 5 as a player, 5 as a DM.  The Lion's share of that is in 3.5, because that was the system my first DM ran.  Ironically this means I'm more familiar with the old school modules (keep on the borderlands, liberation of Geoff) than the more recent ones.  I've ran a semi sandbox campaign on Tuesday for just over 4 years, so I have pretty good experience dealing with things on the fly.  I can send you my discord if you want to follow up.