Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for added monster action not appearing

Edited 1577600929
I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help with. I'm setting up a dungeon, and adding my monsters to it. I wanted to make a beefier kobold for some guards, so I duplicated the kobold sheet and renamed the copy to Kobold Guard. I changed the AC and the hp for the guards, and I added a shortbow attack action. The problem is, I added a macro for the shortbow attack, but it won't show up as a token action on the screen. The other macros I have on it (sling, scimitar, initiative, etc) All appear but not this one. Is it because I copied the kobold sheet, which doesn't natively have a bow attack?
Did you click the checkbox next to the new macro like the others to show it as a token action when the token is selected? Since you added a new macro to the old sheet  you have to set up the new macro like the others on the new sheet.
Yes, I did. I can add it to my macro bar at the bottom of the screen, but I can't make it appear with the other token macros at the top of the screen.
There should be two check boxes one for it to add at the bottom and another one to add it to the top. I do believe the one you want is the second one. After it is checked click off of your token and then click on it again so that it can be updated.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to clarify: If the macro is built as an ability on a character sheet: " Show as Token Action " will make a button appear at top whenever a token representing that specific character is selected. " Show in Macro Bar " will make it a persistent button at the bottom of the screen. But only for the person who clicked the box. It's a user-specific setting. So each person who wants that action to appear on the macro bar will need to click the option. If the macro is built as a macro in the Collections Tab : " Show as Token Action " will make a button appear at top whenever that any token/character is selected. " Show on Macro Bar " will make it a persistent button at the bottom of the screen. But only for the person who clicked the box. It's a user-specific setting. So each person who wants that macro to appear on the macro bar will need to click the option.
Yes, I know all this. I've already made several macros successfully in the base Kobold sheet that work fine. But when I duplicate that sheet I can't add any additional macros to it. I don't know if it's because the sheet is a duplicate, or if it's because I added a non-native action to the sheet.

Edited 1577634017
How are you creating the token for the new kobold? If you are dragging out the default token, it may still be pointed to the original kobold. I think you need to edit a token for the Kobold Guard and then set it as the new default token for that sheet. You can check the "Represents" setting for the token to be sure it is pointed to the correct sheet.
I ended up fixing the issue by creating a new sheet from scratch instead of copying the kobold sheet. All macros are now showing up for the token for the new sheet. I guess it was because I had duplicated the kobold, for some reason.