Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Look for 4 to 6 Players - 5e D&D - Streamed to Youtube

Hi there, I'm looking for a group of 4 to 6 players to join me (as the DM) through various 5e adventures. I am hoping to stream/record these sessions for my youtube channel. The adventures I want to do are Curse of Strahd, Tomb of Annhilation, and Descent into Avernus (in any order). After these, we can consider whether to do other aventures or do some homebrew stuff depending on what the party wants. We'll be using discord for voice and Roll20 for the game. I am wanting to host these sessions on Thursdays hopefully starting on either the 9th or 23rd of January (I can't do the 16th). The time would be 6pm to 9pm GMT . What I am looking for in players: Players who want to actively role-play rathrer than just kill everything. Players who prioritise making interestig characters over optimising characters. I don't mind new players as long as the basics of 5e are understood. I would like people with good mics as I am hoping to stream/record. Also, you'd have to be ok with being apart of a stream/video. If you are interested and can play at the time above, send me a message or post below. Thanks.
Hi I was just wondering if the time is at all flexible? I live in EST and usually start work at 4PM (which yes is your end time but that means I'd be leaving an hour early to go get ready. just curious because I would definitely be interested if timing worked out for everyone possibly an hour earlier.
I'm afraid time isn't really flexible.
i would like to join and live in the Mountain Time Zone as well. Additionally, i have a variety of decent mics.
I live in Mountain time and would be happy to join up with this group. I've got a decent mic and some streaming experience.
I have an artificer that I would really like to get into and play for a long period of time, fleshing out his personality and goals. A mechanical arm, a replacement lost to a lab experiment gone south. Plane hopper, ever looking for better more improved ways to expand the use of his arm, and tinker on new exciting items/vehicles/buildings. A big emphasis on using his skills and sideways thinking to get things done over slappin' the sword down. If you're interested in such a tinkerer, I would love being a part of your youtube experiment :)
Hi I'm an experienced player and interested, the times are fine for me and I'm flexible when it comes to characters as I've played just about every role in both rp focused games to hardcore crawlers. Please let me know if you're interested in me joining up and if you need any additional info. Oh, and I just got a fantastic corsair head set for Christmas so my mic is solid.
I’d love to join. One year D&D experience and prefer role playing. I have a number of character concepts and times suit. 
I'm brand new to 5e (Last played 3.5) but otherwise tick all the boxes (including being on the right timezone and able to commit) - Interested in joining if my newness isn't an issue.
Hi there! Interested player here. Been playing D&D for 19 years as both a DM and player. I very much enjoy character immersion and RP. In all honesty, I enjoy optimizing a character, but that never takes the place of good story telling and character interaction. I'm currently playing in a campaign that streams to Twitch and have done limited voice acting. Would love to chat more with you about your style as a DM and what how you picture your ideal campaign!
I still need 2 more people as people I have sent discord links to haven't replied.
1578608120

Edited 1578616437
I am interested in maybe joining your group.  I have played D&D since 1989 and would enjoy RPing in a new campaign.  I will let you know I am running a campaign with friends for Decent Into Avernus, and do not know how you feel about someone already knowing much on that setting.  Let me know if you are still looking for a player, I would loved to talk in Discord to see if I would be a good fit.
Hello Dojo844 here I would be interested in this if you have need of another player.  Would love to talk details so please message me here of on Discord at dojo844#9138  can't wait to hear from you, been wanting to do these campaigns for a while ^^
Hey Corey! I just finished a Curse of Strahd campaign for my first DnD campaign ever and am stoked about playing again. I write backstory and story beats for myself as an aid for DMs. You can message me on Discord @data_Jack#1104 I’d loved to hear back as I have really fun ideas for a new character to bring a different dynamic. Best regards!
This would be perfect! Im pm'd you my discord - hope you're still looking!
1578624986

Edited 1578625046
Hey, I'd be super interested in these campaigns if you're still looking for players. I would really like to get in on a reliable campaign with a solid group who are looking to play on a regular basis for a long while. Heres a little about me and the character I'd be looking to play.  Granted, this is just an idea, so I'm ammenable to switching things up if the group needs something else. Name: Kyle Age: 37 Experience: I was a GM for Star Wars D20 for 5 years, and have DM'd both 3e and 5e of DnD on and off.  I have only played a few games as a player but am excited to get on the other side of the table, so to speak. Character I'd like to play: Halfling Rogue, but with more of a focus on charisma and intelligence.  My backstory is that I've largely left the hands on pursuit of thievery due to a past tragedy of my own accidental making.  So my character has taken to drink, gambling, and the selling of whispers. He can still fight when fight is needed, but prefers more subtle ways of handling situations. What I enjoy most about D&D: I'm a big fan of miniatures and physical game environments.  While it's a bit different with Roll20, I'm quite impressed with the level of visualization that the system can provide.  But all of that ultimately serves the act of essentially writing a story, on the fly, with the DM and my fellow players, each of us taking our roles or characters and using the rules to just make something awesome. Voice and Video Capabilities: I have a mic'd headphones and a passable webcam.  It's not hd quality, but it works well enough for these purposes.  I'm familiar with Discord. In terms of tech stuff, the only thing I may really need help with is getting familiarized with Roll20 itself.  I've played one session in the past, but I'm not too familiar with macros and anything outside the basic functions, so help with that would be hugely appreciated.
Are you still looking?