Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Has anyone tried the Fate Compendium content?

I'm mainly using Roll20 to run Fate / Powered by Fate campaigns nowadays so I'm very interested in Fate content. However I'm very skeptical what the basic content can provide. Fate isn't based on fixed list of Stunts, Skills and Extras, they are always campaign / setting dependent. Also, I run my Fate campaigns using my own settings / settings for which there is no setting book eg. Warhammer. Please help me to understand what content the Fate Bundle / compendium actually provides.
Gold
Forum Champion
I'm curious about that too. Also wondering how people roll "Fate Dice" or fudge dice in Roll20, has that been developed or we just use d6 like the old days?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Gold said: I'm curious about that too. Also wondering how people roll "Fate Dice" or fudge dice in Roll20, has that been developed or we just use d6 like the old days? Fate/Fudge dice have been part of the roll20 dice system for at least the 2-3 years I've been active here, but I haven't played either. <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#FATE_Dice" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Dice_Reference#FATE_Dice</a>
The Fate Bundle is really cool actually. It basically puts those 4 books into your compendium (Fate Core, Fate Accelerated, Masters of Umdaar, and Till Dawn). Thus making the books searchable within Roll20. And of course once there, you can share the books with other players within your game (as long as you have compendium slots open). You also get like 50+ Fate-themed tokens you can use on the VTT.&nbsp; Yes the Fate dice are rolled with the command "/r 4DF", which had already been in Roll20 much like the Fate Character Sheets.
I am also curious to know about it.
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks Jeremy, that is a good starting description / review of the FATE product on Roll20. GM Jeremy said: The Fate Bundle is really cool actually. It basically puts those 4 books into your compendium (Fate Core, Fate Accelerated, Masters of Umdaar, and Till Dawn). Thus making the books searchable within Roll20. And of course once there, you can share the books with other players within your game (as long as you have compendium slots open). You also get like 50+ Fate-themed tokens you can use on the VTT.&nbsp; Yes the Fate dice are rolled with the command "/r 4DF", which had already been in Roll20 much like the Fate Character Sheets.
GM Jeremy said: The Fate Bundle is really cool actually. It basically puts those 4 books into your compendium (Fate Core, Fate Accelerated, Masters of Umdaar, and Till Dawn). Thus making the books searchable within Roll20. And of course once there, you can share the books with other players within your game (as long as you have compendium slots open). You also get like 50+ Fate-themed tokens you can use on the VTT.&nbsp; Yes the Fate dice are rolled with the command "/r 4DF", which had already been in Roll20 much like the Fate Character Sheets. Thanks for your reply. Did I understand correctly that basically you just get the books in Roll20 as is. No actual functionality is added? Meaning that there is no real benefit compared to having them in pdf format?
Yes, Fate sheet does not have Compendium integration and doesn't really need that since everything is kinda free-form
Ok, that's a shame. At least they should have made functionality to the content of the included books (such as drag and drop Stunts presented in the books). Thanks for the help.