Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

[LFG] New player, PST/UTC-8, text preferred

Hello everyone, I am new to D20 and I'm looking to join a group for my first proper RPG campaign. I am familiar with how RPGs work in general, and I have done freeform forum-based roleplays in the past, but I have never played a tabletop RPG before except for one very short-lived D&D 4E campaign. I don't really know what to expect from these types of games, so I'm up for just about anything, but I may need help learning the rules and lore, so I need a GM who is willing to bear with me. Some things to know about me: Based on my previous RP experiences (forum, video games), I enjoy story and exploration most of all. I prefer text-only because I'm shy, I communicate best in writing, and I don't have a lot of privacy, but I am willing to consider voice and video chat. I'm broke as a joke, so anything that involves me paying money (P2P games, purchasing rulebooks, etc.) is out of the question for the foreseeable future. I am on Pacific time (GMT-8), and I will most likely be available any time except Monday morning and afternoon, Sunday and Friday evenings, and possibly Wednesday evening. Noon to 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m. to midnight times are preferred.
1578196543
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello Aleister and welcome to Roll20. I saw your post and while I can't guarantee a Game, I just wanted to let you know there is a roll20 community that functions as a specialized support group (LFG in forums, live chats on discord, tips and suggestions, etc) for this style of play. Our community has members that range from under 18 to over 50.  No actual game is ran in the group instead it is used as a more focused LFG forum and community for this style of games being played. We do have a text based discord server for live chatting. Knights of the Written Word 2  is a community for gamers who enjoy or prefer text-based games. All systems are welcomed.
Thank you, Pat, I will give them a look-see.