Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Macro Help Needed

I'm just a player, not a DM, but in an effort to make my turns more fluent and easy, I want to add some Macros but am unsure if what I want to do can even be done.... When I need to roll Initiative, or any Skill check, I open my character sheet, click the name and it pops up the roll in a small neat box, that tells you what the roll is.... with the name and modifier shown (as shown in the picture, if it works correctly) Is there a way to write a Macro for your weapon roll, that will shown it the same way and say something like Short Sword (1d6+3) in place of where it has Nature (2) or Dexterity Save (5)?? Also, is there a way to write a macro for an action.... lets just say I choose to thrust my sword through a mans chest, DM says "roll X, 10 or over to succeed" then I can write the macro to roll my d20, and IF it rolls over 10, then it automatically rolls the correct roll for my swords damage, if it doesn't roll over 10, then it won't follow up with the damage?
1578326378
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Some of this is possible, and some of it sort of its. Based on your screen cap, I'm assuming you're using the 5e by Roll20 sheet. Is there a way to write a Macro for your weapon roll, that will shown it the same way and say something like Short Sword  (1d6+3) in place of where it has Nature (2) or Dexterity Save (5)?? This is, and there is a section on the sheet to do just this. In the middle of the main page of the sheet (to the right of the skills section) is the attacks and actions section. Create an attack by clicking the plus icon. You can set the sheet to either auto roll damage, or roll them separately. If you select to roll them separately, then you can roll the attack roll and then roll the damage roll. You can choose a similar setting for advantage/normal/disadvantage. For your second question, the above is the closest you're going to get to automated. If you set it to always roll damage, then you just don't need to worry about clicking the damage after the resolution of the roll.
Scott C. said: Some of this is possible, and some of it sort of its. Based on your screen cap, I'm assuming you're using the 5e by Roll20 sheet. Is there a way to write a Macro for your weapon roll, that will shown it the same way and say something like Short Sword  (1d6+3) in place of where it has Nature (2) or Dexterity Save (5)?? This is, and there is a section on the sheet to do just this. In the middle of the main page of the sheet (to the right of the skills section) is the attacks and actions section. Create an attack by clicking the plus icon. You can set the sheet to either auto roll damage, or roll them separately. If you select to roll them separately, then you can roll the attack roll and then roll the damage roll. You can choose a similar setting for advantage/normal/disadvantage. For your second question, the above is the closest you're going to get to automated. If you set it to always roll damage, then you just don't need to worry about clicking the damage after the resolution of the roll. For some reason when I tried to use the sheet to roll a dice from the Attack section, it wasn't working originally, but I must have been doing something wrong. I'm now working on figuring out how to do setting for it to roll the attack roll, then the damage roll