Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom Token Marker Bug Thread

Edited 1579026289
Drespar
Roll20 Team
This morning we released an exciting,&nbsp; long-and-much-requested , new feature: Custom Token Markers! Token Markers are the little icons that are available in the radial menu when you select a token.&nbsp; They're a set of icons that Roll20 provides to help you track things on your token. As of today, your token markers are no longer bound by the default set provided! You may previously have known them as Status Indicators, Status Icons, or Status Indicator Overlays. We realized, however, that you can use them for so much more than statuses, so now they're just called&nbsp; Token Markers , and the wiki has been updated to reflect that. You can also find a lot of this information on our Roll20 Help Center ! Please note :&nbsp; We are maintaining the "statusmarkers"&nbsp; programming object &nbsp;within the API to maintain your custom scripts. How to Use Them Creating Token Marker Sets To use your own token markers, you'll first want to get a set of markers that works for you. There are several icon packs in the Marketplace right now that creators have made that are downloadable as status icon sets. For these screen shots, I used a set from Czepeku called&nbsp; 80 Status Effect Icons . Stay tuned, though! In a couple of weeks, marketplace creators will be able to create and submit their own token marker sets for sale. The ideal size for a token marker is 512 x 512, and marketplace creators making their own sets should use these dimensions. When they get applied to your token, they'll be resized to 48 x 48 or smaller, depending on the token size and scaling of the markers, but the larger size future-proofs your tokens for a future feature. Token markers can be .gif, .png, or .jpeg/.jpg formats. Animated token markers are not supported at this time; if you upload an animated gif, only one frame will be uploaded and displayed. Note: &nbsp;Token markers do count towards the storage quota, based on the 512 x 512 image size. Creating token marker sets is available without limitation to all users. Purchased marketplace token marker sets, when available, will not count towards your storage quota. After you have some images you want to use, upload your token marker set to your library. Go to Tools &gt; Token Marker Library. You'll see the Token Set Library: The first time you visit, you'll only see the default token marker set. However, if you click the Create Set button, you'll be prompted to name your new set of token markers: Name your new marker set and click Create Set. The new empty set will be available in the library, and you will automatically be taken to its page to upload your markers: Click the Add Images button or link to upload images to your token set: Drag and drop your files onto the box and click Upload when you're ready. You'll need to wait a minute while the files upload. Once they finish, you'll be prompted to view the markers and rename them if you like: Note that when naming your token markers, you can only use letters, numbers and the "-" character. Spaces will be converted to underscore characters. Click Save. The markers will be added to the token marker set in your library. Adding a Token Marker Set to a Game Now that you have your custom token marker set uploaded, you should add it to a game! Open the game details page for the campaign you want to add your markers. I picked my Curse of Strahd game: In the right-hand column, you'll see "Token Marker Sets." That shows which sets are in the current game. Click the + icon to add a set to the game: Select the set or sets you want to add, and click Update. If you click Create New Set here, you'll be taken to the Token Marker Library. After you click Update, the token markers will be available in game. Note: &nbsp;Players currently in the game will need to reload the VTT in order to see the new token markers. You can reorder the sets that are in the game! Hover over the set to get the arrows and then click and drag it up or down: Removing Token Marker Sets from a Game Click the three dot menu to remove the token marker set from the game, or to view it in the library. It is possible to remove the default token marker set entirely from the game. Note: &nbsp;You cannot remove the color dots or the red "X" overlay from the token markers. If you remove a token marker set from a game, and you had tokens that were using those markers, the markers will no longer be visible on the token. However, when you add the token marker set back to the game, the markers on those tokens will reappear. Removing and Renaming Token Markers To remove a token marker from a set or rename it, open the set from your Token Marker Library and click the token marker to select it: You can click the Rename or Delete links to edit the markers. Note that when naming your token markers, you can only use letters, numbers and the "-" character. Spaces will be converted to underscore characters. Renaming and Deleting Token Marker Sets To remove a token marker from a set or rename it, open the set from your Token Marker Library and click the token marker to select it: You can rename the set and click Rename Set, or click Delete Set to remove it entirely. Selecting the New Token Marker To select your new token marker, click the radial menu and open the token marker menu as normal. Your custom markers will be available in the menu. If you had put the custom token marker set above the default set in the campaign details page, they will appear above the default set in this menu. How Does It Work with the API? One of the big challenges we had with this update was the API. There are several scripts that use the token markers, and we didn't want to break that functionality. If you're an API author and you want to know how to access the token marker IDs in your scripts, here's how! Please note :&nbsp; We are maintaining the "statusmarkers"&nbsp; programming object &nbsp;within the API to maintain your custom scripts. A new function has been added to the Roll20 API to support custom Token Markers. This information is stored under the campaign node as ‘token_markers’. it can be accessed from the api via Campaign().get( "token_markers" ); This information is read-only. The return value will a stringified JSON array containing an object for each token marker currently in the game. { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "id" : 59 ,&nbsp; // the database id for the &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "name" : "Bane" ,&nbsp; // the name (non-unique) of the marker &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "tag" : "Bane::59" ,&nbsp; // how the token is actually referenced &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; // this will include the id for custom markers, but not &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; // for default markers. &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "url" : " <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/59/yFnKXmhLTtbMtaq-Did1Yg/icon.png?1575153187" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/59/yFnKXmhLTtbMtaq-Did1Yg/icon.png?1575153187</a>" &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; // ^the url for the token marker's image } We’ve written an example script to show how you can use this to find Token Markers available in your Campaign. Add this Script to your game and these commands will be available: !markernames &nbsp;will output all markers to the chat with the image, name and id !markerids &lt;name&gt; &nbsp;will output any/all markers to the chat that match the provided name !settokenmarker &lt;string&gt; &nbsp;will add the provided string to the currently selected token’s marker list. Note that this doesn’t do any validation to make sure the Token Marker exists, it simply adds the provided value to the token markers. !gettokenmarkers &nbsp;outputs the currently selected token’s&nbsp; statusmarker &nbsp;attribute to the chat. on( "ready" , () =&gt; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; const &nbsp; tokenMarkers = JSON.parse(Campaign().get( "token_markers" )); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; const &nbsp; getChatMessageFromTokenMarkers = markers =&gt; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; let chatMessage =&nbsp; '' ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; _.each(markers, marker =&gt; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; chatMessage += `&lt;p&gt;&lt;img src= '${marker.url}' &gt; ${ marker.id }: ${ marker.name }&lt;/p&gt;`; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; return &nbsp; chatMessage; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }; &nbsp; on( "chat:message" , msg =&gt; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if (msg.content.split( " " )[ 0 ].toLowerCase() ===&nbsp; '!markernames' ) { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; let chatMessage = getChatMessageFromTokenMarkers(tokenMarkers); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sendChat( "Token Markers" , chatMessage); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }&nbsp; else &nbsp; if (msg.content.split( " " )[ 0 ].toLowerCase() ===&nbsp; '!markerids' ) { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; const &nbsp; markerName = msg.content.split( " " )[ 1 ].toLowerCase(); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; let results = []; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; _.each(tokenMarkers, marker =&gt; { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if ( marker.name .toLowerCase() === markerName) results.push(marker); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; log(results); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; let chatMessage = getChatMessageFromTokenMarkers(results); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; chatMessage = chatMessage ||&nbsp; 'Unable to find any matching token markers' &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sendChat( "Token Markers" , chatMessage); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }&nbsp; else &nbsp; if (msg.content.split( " " )[ 0 ].toLowerCase() ===&nbsp; '!settokenmarker' ) { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; const &nbsp; markerName = msg.content.split( " " )[ 1 ].toLowerCase(); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if &nbsp; (!msg.selected &amp;&amp; msg.selected[ 0 ]._type ==&nbsp; "graphic" )&nbsp; return ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; obj = getObj(msg.selected[ 0 ]._type, msg.selected[ 0 ]._id); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; currentMarkers = obj.get( "statusmarkers" ).split( ',' ); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; currentMarkers.push(markerName); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; obj.set( "statusmarkers" , currentMarkers.join( ',' )); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }&nbsp; else &nbsp; if (msg.content.split( " " )[ 0 ].toLowerCase() ===&nbsp; '!gettokenmarkers' ) { &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if &nbsp; (!msg.selected)&nbsp; return ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; if &nbsp; (msg.selected[ 0 ]._type !==&nbsp; "graphic" )&nbsp; return ; &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; obj = getObj(msg.selected[ 0 ]._type, msg.selected[ 0 ]._id); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; currentMarkers = obj.get( "statusmarkers" ); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; sendChat( "Token Markers" , currentMarkers); &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; } &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; }); }); What's Next? This is a major update and has spent several weeks in testing on the Development server. We're looking forward to supporting token marker sets on the marketplace, plus a few quality of life improvements that are already underway, like copying token markers from one set to another-- that feature is hitting the Dev server this week, so if you're a Pro user, be sure to check it out! Update Jan 14, 2020 You can now&nbsp; copy token markers from one set to another ! From the set containing the token marker to copy,&nbsp; select the marker &nbsp;and then click the "Copy to" link at the top of the page: You'll be prompted to select the set or sets to copy the markers to.
If a removed Token Marker is on a token on a map it can bug out map showing no icons or maps also sorting would be a nice component for the token library&nbsp;

Edited 1578613185
While creating my own tokens I stumbled across the FREE icon set that includes the ones natively installed in roll20. There are 1,649 of them here&nbsp; <a href="https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390" rel="nofollow">https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390</a> &nbsp;and over 3,000 here&nbsp; <a href="https://game-icons.net/" rel="nofollow">https://game-icons.net/</a> &nbsp;both of which include all of the ones in the default set. Just add a white stroke to them (roughly 30 pixels for the 512 size) and they'll look very similar.
My actual feedback is that I'm enjoying this feature very much. I'd like to see two small changes: 1. Allow us to reorder or sort our icons after we upload them to a set&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; For example, maybe I want to group all the "resists" together but I added a new one later. I can't see a way to reorganize, only redo. 2. Move the Add Images button away from the username dropdown . &nbsp; &nbsp; On the custom icon set management screen I frequently get a flyout menu that blocks the button when I try to click on it. Aaargh!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Sorting or reordering icons of existing set is a must.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Jonkka said: Sorting or reordering icons of existing set is a must. A great point, and something we’ve marked as a future enhancement. With the initial launch, we wanted to stick to the basics so that we could make sure it worked great. We’ve got a two enhancements to the feature coming out Jan 14 (Copy Markers from set to set) and Feb 4 (Token Marker Sets in the Roll20 Marketplace). Even after those we’re by no means done with this feature, and we’ll announce timelines for those when we have better information.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks for the dates!
Hi Retep, Can you confirm reproduction steps on this for me? Additionally, could you provide a console log and screenshot of what appears when you load up the page? The name of the game would also be very helpful for us to take a closer look. Thank you in advance! Retep said: If a removed Token Marker is on a token on a map it can bug out map showing no icons or maps also sorting would be a nice component for the token library&nbsp;
I've been thinking about this as well, I want to just group them, so as a workaround I think you could save all the "resist" type markers in one set, all of the "condition" type in another set, etc. Haven't tried it but it is on my to do list along with the Dev testing of copying, etc. camelotcrusade said: My actual feedback is that I'm enjoying this feature very much. I'd like to see two small changes: 1. Allow us to reorder or sort our icons after we upload them to a set&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; For example, maybe I want to group all the "resists" together but I added a new one later. I can't see a way to reorganize, only redo.
I have found a bug where the token's radial menu is updated with changes to the custom token markers, but the API (using Campaign().get("token_markers")) is not. Example: As you can see in the screenshot, my "exhausted" icon next to the crosshairs in the bottom right of the radial menu does not appear in the API-generated list&nbsp;(vertical list on the right)&nbsp;below the crosshairs as it should if the campaign had been updated correctly. Also, I had reorganized the icon sets on the game's landing page but this change also did not get updated in the API call. Notice the "erlenmeyer" through "piggybank" icons are all above the crosshairs as they should be in the token's radial menu, but are not on the right where the API call was used. I noticed a lag before but it was corrected soon after. However, I have exited and re-launched this game a number of times (not just re-starting the API sandbox) and this issue still persists. Windows 10, Chrome&nbsp;Version 79.0.3945.117
It would be great if we could have option to change token marker size.
Ben L. said: I have found a bug where the token's radial menu is updated with changes to the custom token markers, but the API (using Campaign().get("token_markers")) is not. Example: As you can see in the screenshot, my "exhausted" icon next to the crosshairs in the bottom right of the radial menu does not appear in the API-generated list&nbsp;(vertical list on the right)&nbsp;below the crosshairs as it should if the campaign had been updated correctly. Also, I had reorganized the icon sets on the game's landing page but this change also did not get updated in the API call. Notice the "erlenmeyer" through "piggybank" icons are all above the crosshairs as they should be in the token's radial menu, but are not on the right where the API call was used. I noticed a lag before but it was corrected soon after. However, I have exited and re-launched this game a number of times (not just re-starting the API sandbox) and this issue still persists. Windows 10, Chrome&nbsp;Version 79.0.3945.117 Hey&nbsp;Ben L. -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me the exact name or a link to the game in question, please? Reviewing your game will allow me to best reproduce and submit this issue to the dev team. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Nicholas said: Ben L. said: I have found a bug where the token's radial menu is updated with changes to the custom token markers, but the API (using Campaign().get("token_markers")) is not. Example: As you can see in the screenshot, my "exhausted" icon next to the crosshairs in the bottom right of the radial menu does not appear in the API-generated list&nbsp;(vertical list on the right)&nbsp;below the crosshairs as it should if the campaign had been updated correctly. Also, I had reorganized the icon sets on the game's landing page but this change also did not get updated in the API call. Notice the "erlenmeyer" through "piggybank" icons are all above the crosshairs as they should be in the token's radial menu, but are not on the right where the API call was used. I noticed a lag before but it was corrected soon after. However, I have exited and re-launched this game a number of times (not just re-starting the API sandbox) and this issue still persists. Windows 10, Chrome&nbsp;Version 79.0.3945.117 Hey&nbsp;Ben L. -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me the exact name or a link to the game in question, please? Reviewing your game will allow me to best reproduce and submit this issue to the dev team. Thank you in advance for your patience! Well, of course it corrected itself overnight. If I can reproduce it i will DM you with the name/link of the game.
Good idea, thanks for that suggestion.&nbsp; I've decided I'll just recreate all the originals and make my own mix that includes them. Every one of the 47 native to roll20 is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390" rel="nofollow">https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390</a> &nbsp;- with a white stroke of ~30 pixels around them they look nearly identical to what's there now. Plus this way I can leave out the ones we never use to keep the list from bloating too much. Doug E. said: I've been thinking about this as well, I want to just group them, so as a workaround I think you could save all the "resist" type markers in one set, all of the "condition" type in another set, etc. Haven't tried it but it is on my to do list along with the Dev testing of copying, etc. camelotcrusade said: My actual feedback is that I'm enjoying this feature very much. I'd like to see two small changes: 1. Allow us to reorder or sort our icons after we upload them to a set&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; For example, maybe I want to group all the "resists" together but I added a new one later. I can't see a way to reorganize, only redo.
Thanks for pointing out that site for icons, I believe I will do the same thing with my own campaign. There's only a handful of the default icons that we use on a regular basis, I'll just build a custom set with those and get rid of the unused clutter. camelotcrusade said: Good idea, thanks for that suggestion.&nbsp; I've decided I'll just recreate all the originals and make my own mix that includes them. Every one of the 47 native to roll20 is here -&nbsp; <a href="https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390" rel="nofollow">https://icon-icons.com/pack/Game-Icons/390</a> &nbsp;- with a white stroke of ~30 pixels around them they look nearly identical to what's there now. Plus this way I can leave out the ones we never use to keep the list from bloating too much.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
If you can stand unused icons for just a few game sessions more, you'll be able to copy Token Markers from one set to another before February. Then you don't need to use up storage space for Token Markers in the default set.
Is there a way to make Token Markers invisible to players who do not control the token?
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gargamond said: Is there a way to make Token Markers invisible to players who do not control the token? As a GM that would be very useful.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't know if that's on the dev plan, but if the answer is no, an alternative would be to mark NPCs with specific gm-only auras for a limited number of conditions.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Greetings! You can now copy token markers from one set to another ! From the set containing the token marker to copy,&nbsp; select the marker &nbsp;and then click the "Copy to" link at the top of the page: You'll be prompted to select the set or sets to copy the markers to.
Ben L. said: Nicholas said: Ben L. said: I have found a bug where the token's radial menu is updated with changes to the custom token markers, but the API (using Campaign().get("token_markers")) is not. Example: As you can see in the screenshot, my "exhausted" icon next to the crosshairs in the bottom right of the radial menu does not appear in the API-generated list&nbsp;(vertical list on the right)&nbsp;below the crosshairs as it should if the campaign had been updated correctly. Also, I had reorganized the icon sets on the game's landing page but this change also did not get updated in the API call. Notice the "erlenmeyer" through "piggybank" icons are all above the crosshairs as they should be in the token's radial menu, but are not on the right where the API call was used. I noticed a lag before but it was corrected soon after. However, I have exited and re-launched this game a number of times (not just re-starting the API sandbox) and this issue still persists. Windows 10, Chrome&nbsp;Version 79.0.3945.117 Hey&nbsp;Ben L. -&nbsp; Would you mind providing me the exact name or a link to the game in question, please? Reviewing your game will allow me to best reproduce and submit this issue to the dev team. Thank you in advance for your patience! Well, of course it corrected itself overnight. If I can reproduce it i will DM you with the name/link of the game. So, I copied some of the default tokens into my custom tokens set and removed the default set from my game. Then I restarted my game... and nothing was changed. Same (or closely related) problem as I reported before. I know it does eventually correct itself after a lag which makes you guys seeing exactly what I'm seeing in my specific game virtually impossible, but surely it is repeatable? The lag's not a big deal under most circumstances, but if we're updating an API script with newly uploaded token markers or newly created sets this is extremely frustrating. There's no reason why exiting and re-launching my game won't immediately update the token markers to exactly what those sets are at the moment of launch. Any word on the progress of this issue?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's weird. I'm seeing no lag in changing sets. Could it be a caching issue?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Ben, We weren't able to reproduce your issue, and you are absolutely right-- relaunching should reload all token markers into your game. Can you provide the name or ID of the game, so we can dig into it a little more?&nbsp; Ben L. said: There's no reason why exiting and re-launching my game won't immediately update the token markers to exactly what those sets are at the moment of launch. Any word on the progress of this issue?
Stephanie B. said: Ben, We weren't able to reproduce your issue, and you are absolutely right-- relaunching should reload all token markers into your game. Can you provide the name or ID of the game, so we can dig into it a little more?&nbsp; Ben L. said: There's no reason why exiting and re-launching my game won't immediately update the token markers to exactly what those sets are at the moment of launch. Any word on the progress of this issue? Actually, Nicholas said in a DM that he saw it and a re-start of the sandbox fixed it. Of course, it eventually fixes itself so that wasn't surprising. It has happened on two of my "test" games so I doubt it's a problem with the individual games themselves. The the one I use least (but still experienced the issue) is "D&amp;D 5E OGL Testing Ground" #5219732 so feel free to play around.&nbsp;
keithcurtis said: That's weird. I'm seeing no lag in changing sets. Could it be a caching issue? I haven't expressly cleared my cache for testing this, but I do it regularly anyway. I'll definitely have to give that a look.

Edited 1579244814
Trying to upload custom icons, all of which are pngs. Theres nothing different about the files. Only about 10 to 12 of 100+ actually successfully upload. the rest are left out. This is even after waiting for it to properly read out as all of them being uploaded for hitting the "upload" button. I've done this after multiple attempts and sometimes 2 upload, sometimes its 12. Not sure exactly what the hell is happening here and I've given it roughly half an hour or more to "upload". Can reproduce on video or provide logs if necessary.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That does sound odd. I've uploaded about fifty in one go without issue, and 100 doesn't seem unreasonable. Still, what happens if you try uploading the in batches?
Even doing it in batches of say 5 or 10, it still picks and chooses what to upload. I have zero idea of whats going on here.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Probably best to let one of the devs handle it, then. There are plenty on this thread. :D
Hi Richard, Sorry for the delay over the weekend! This certainly does sound odd...So a few asks for you-- If you could provide us some logs of what happens (it should catch an error if there is one) it would definitely help! What are The dimensions? What are their sizes? If you upload in smaller batches, does it still fail? Is there a minimum value where it starts to fail on your end? Also, the obligatory questions regarding your network: Could you let us know what your upload/download speeds are? Geolocation can also help in some instances as well. Thank you in advance!

Edited 1579650941
EDIT / I found a fix for this. And frankly, I don't still don't know the reason why any of this is even happening. Here's how I fixed it. I changed the name of each custom icon file. Thats it. I went back into photoshop, renamed them and re-xported all of them as pngs all over again, and it worked. All of them uploaded properly. I know 100% they were already all pngs that were 512x512. They literally did not change at all. But the name function of each being changed and re-uploading afterwords made it work. I don't know if Roll20 was preventing something from being uploaded due to a glitch or if the problem was on my end due to some sort of corruption of a png. As for the logs, I couldn't get them to work for the console portion on the Tool Icon Upload page. Never submitted a log before, figuring out how via the roll20 instructions. In the mean time, each image is a 512x512 png. All are less than about 75 kb in size and every single one of them has no difference beyond the occasional small uptick in kb size. As for loading in smaller batches, I even tried loading them individually so a failure at literally 1. Sometimes they literally don't even upload. It seems like its picking and choosing what it wants by total random happenstance. My upload/download speeds and geolocation are&nbsp;
Hello, I have found an accessibility issue : impossibility to use characters with accent, which makes names having wrong meaning. For example, as french, I have create my own set and given the markers french names, but without accents. And it gives wrong pronunciation and meaning or unexisting words. Examples : - "Blessé" means "Wounded". In roll20 it's replaced (without accent) by "Blesse" which means "Injure" (the verb). Wrong meaning. - "Blessure-traitée" means "Wound treated". In roll20 it's replaced by "Blessure-traite" which means nothing (wrong french) Here I give my example with french language but this is the same, I believe, for any language with specific accent caracters like in spanish. Note : When I put a name with an accent character and I try to save, I get a message "Names must be at least 1 character and can only use letters, numbers, spaces and '-'". Thus it seems that this is by design but still it's an issue for foreign languages gamers and thus an accessibility issue. How to resolve ? I see two possibilities - Add the possibility to use more characters (those with accents but maybe also some others) - Add a new property =&gt; 2 properties : Name (with restricted characters) and Label (with UTF8-like characters posibilities). And this is the labl which would be displayed.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Ghorin!&nbsp; I saw your post in the suggestion forum, and have passed it along to the developer team. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!&nbsp;
I appear to be missing some token markers from a bundle that I've purchased.&nbsp; It shows the first set in the bundle but not the others.&nbsp; Specifically I can see the Heroic Markers: Silver I from the Heroic Icons Black/Silver set, but not the other parts.&nbsp; Any ideas?
I am seeing this behavior as well for this bundle-- getting some extra eyes on it! ijohnnymac said: I appear to be missing some token markers from a bundle that I've purchased.&nbsp; It shows the first set in the bundle but not the others.&nbsp; Specifically I can see the Heroic Markers: Silver I from the Heroic Icons Black/Silver set, but not the other parts.&nbsp; Any ideas?
Suggestions: In the token marker menu, show active markers at the top so it's easy to disable them (vs. scrolling through hundreds of markers). Ability to search for markers in the marker menu (then I can load hundred of markers and be able to find them). Group the markers by set, and list the set, so it's easy to tell which set the maker came from. Useful for cleaning out a set of unused markers and easier to find what I'm looking for when scrolling through all the markers Question:&nbsp; If I copy a marker into a new set, does the ID stay the same? That is, could I create "Markers we actually use", copy those markers over to said new set, then remove the old set and still have the makers show up?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not sure about that, but I know if I use a single set in multiple campaigns, the ID stays consistent across games.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for the suggestions, Argel! If you copy a marker, the ID stays the same. If you re-upload the same image, the ID would change.
How long until we can reorder the markers?
Hey folks -&nbsp; We pushed out an update today that fixed an issue where removing token marker sets was causing the token marker selector to display only the colored dots and the red X as options.
Can we vote on suggestions for improvements anywhere? I would also be very interested in a reorder function for markers.
I've purchased and tried to add a custom marker set, and I want to rename some of those marker's in the new compiled folder I've made for them, but the renaming option is greyed out. Why would that be the case?
Anton V. said: It would be great if we could have option to change token marker size. I agree... specifically: #1: give the option of a marker that covers the whole token, the way the red X does. And/or... #2: make the markers scale with token size (or allow the option to do so).&nbsp; On a huge creature the markers are tiny and therefore very hard to see. Thanks for this feature! I've had fun with it so far.
Arik F. said: Anton V. said: It would be great if we could have option to change token marker size. I agree... specifically: #1: give the option of a marker that covers the whole token, the way the red X does. And/or... #2: make the markers scale with token size (or allow the option to do so).&nbsp; On a huge creature the markers are tiny and therefore very hard to see. Thanks for this feature! I've had fun with it so far. A second vote for these suggestions :) Hope it's in the roadmap.
MAMS Gaming
Pro
Sheet Author
Reading through this thread, I realized that the name of the file might be why my files weren't uploading, so I changed them. With the new names, the files uploaded great. I then Tried to rename the Token Markers on Roll20, and got the error message: "Names must be at least 1 character and can only use letters, numbers, spaces and '-'" My assumption was that the files refused to upload in the first place because other symbols were in the names. It would be great if there was an error message telling me why the file wouldn't upload, instead of it just being skipped.
I am at a loss.&nbsp; I have read this forum and followed the advice here, but I can't seem to upload and process any custom token markers. I verified that the token markers I am trying to upload are 512x512px, I have renamed the files, and while I can select the files for upload, after they are selected and pass the initial check, the 'Processing Files' panel opens and nothing happens no matter how long I wait.&nbsp; The files range from 44kb to 268kb so they are not large by standard.&nbsp; I have tried different computers, different browsers, and no success.&nbsp; No error messages, no feedback, just nothing. I am using Windows 10, ver 1903 and Chrome version&nbsp;83.0.4103.61 if that helps.

Edited 1590174353
Lars
Plus
I have the same issue as Randy W above.&nbsp; I posted this elsewhere, cause I didn't see this thread...&nbsp; but here we go: I recently saw you could add token markers, and decided to add some.&nbsp; I added a ton, and then saw I could not change the order so I deleted them all, and then added them one by one.&nbsp; Thing is, the second one was messed up, so I deleted them all again and then went back to adding.&nbsp; About a thirds way into it roll 20 stopped letting me upload.&nbsp; (This was all within an hour).&nbsp; I can upload documents in my campaign, just not the token markers.&nbsp;&nbsp;I let the progres bar sit over night.&nbsp; The progress bar saying to wait a minute just freezes.&nbsp; I tried different computers, different operating systems.&nbsp; I also cleared the cache and turned off my anti virus.&nbsp; Nothing. Some technical stuff: have tried on two different macs.&nbsp; Tired chrome, safari and firefox.&nbsp; Have trisd multiple files.&nbsp; In chrome when i look at the log I get the following (in red with an x): 78215:6 POST <a href="https://app.roll20.net/marker-library/convertimages/78215" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/marker-library/convertimages/78215</a> 500 nrWrapper @ 78215:6 send @ v3.js?1588774597:29 ajax @ v3.js?1588774597:29 _e.&lt;computed&gt; @ v3.js?1588774597:29 (anonymous) @ 78215:1701 dispatch @ v3.js?1588774597:28 g.handle @ v3.js?1588774597:28 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:29 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:31 r @ v3.js?1588774597:31 o @ v3.js?1588774597:27 handle @ v3.js?1588774597:30 dispatch @ v3.js?1588774597:28 g.handle @ v3.js?1588774597:28 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:29 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 triggerTransitionEnd @ v3.js?1588774597:30 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:29 nrWrapper @ 78215:6 setTimeout (async) nrWrapper @ 78215:6 r @ v3.js?1588774597:29 n._showBackdrop @ v3.js?1588774597:31 n._hideModal @ v3.js?1588774597:31 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:31 o @ v3.js?1588774597:27 handle @ v3.js?1588774597:30 dispatch @ v3.js?1588774597:28 g.handle @ v3.js?1588774597:28 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:29 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 trigger @ v3.js?1588774597:29 triggerTransitionEnd @ v3.js?1588774597:30 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:29 nrWrapper @ 78215:6 setTimeout (async) nrWrapper @ 78215:6 r @ v3.js?1588774597:29 n.hide @ v3.js?1588774597:31 (anonymous) @ v3.js?1588774597:31 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 each @ v3.js?1588774597:27 e._jQueryInterface @ v3.js?1588774597:31 (anonymous) @ 78215:1698 dispatch @ v3.js?1588774597:28 g.handle @ v3.js?1588774597:28 nrWrapper @ 78215:6 Any ideas?