Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] [PF2e] [roll query macro] Secret rolls

Edited 1578963659
I've been trying to wrap my head around this stuff for a week now and I'm feeling overwhelmed. please help. The Goal: Click macro button > Select Token > Select Save/Skill from dropdown menu > output sheet macro for tokens character as a whisper to GM. I've not been able to get the roll query part to work. I've had so many different iterations of code. Will something like /w GM %{target|Stealth} work as a result for a query? Ideally I'd like the output to state the character name, name of skill/save, and the result. For reference this is for roll20 Pathfinder 2e sheet.
This will be easier if you don't mind setting all sheets to Always Whisper. If you do that, you can use the Universal Chat script since you're a Pro user, and make your own macros or use the PF2e ones I made (currently not up to date, I'll be making changes this week). I find this is convenient for when I need to make a Secret check for my players, and it's easier than using a drop-down every time.
But won't that mean player A wont be able to see player B's rolls? Seems less exciting for the players if they can see only their own rolls and nobody elses.
There should be a way to set each sheet to Query Whisper, so anytime a roll is made you get a drop-down asking if you want to whisper or not. This way, players who want theirs seen can select Don't Whisper, and you can select Whisper when you roll from their character.

Edited 1578978804
I don't think it's a setting on the sheets yet, but you could try manually changing the attribute 'whispertype' to the following ?{Whisper?|Public Roll,|Whisper Roll,/w gm } You could do this quickly for all player characters with the ChatSetAttr script. Select all players' tokens then run this command in chat !setattr --sel --replace --whispertype|;{Whisper;\|Public Roll,\|Whisper Roll,/w gm } I'd keep that as a macro too, in case anyone accidentally toggle their sheet's whisper button one way or the other.