Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet question: what's "for" used for?

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I noticed the use of "for" on the wiki's  Only Use Classes, not IDs , but I'm still not sure what it is exactly... ;-( Can anyone explain when and how we might use the " for " attribute in roll20's character sheet's? Thanks

Edited 1578978235
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It says not to use it, the example is to illustrate something that shouldn't be used on Roll20. I've never learned what it is as it has no use for us here.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If we could use it, it would allow you to link a label and ether an input or a button to that label without having to nest them in the label.

Edited 1578982680
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: It says not to use it, the example is to illustrate something that shouldn't be used on Roll20. I've never learned what it is as it has no use for us here. This does mean that you cannot utilize ID-linked  <label>  elements (eg,  <label for="my_id">My Label Text</label> ).  " This does mean that you cannot.. " I think that portion of the explanation just confused me.  lol Scott C. said: If we could use it, it would allow you to link a label and ether an input or a button to that label without having to nest them in the label. I suppose that could be beneficial for styling/design.  Thanks for the explanation.