Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Console empty

Hi, I have been trying to use API scripts for a few days now, but no matter the script I add the console remains empty, and I see no change in my hosted games. I have used up to date chrome, turned off extensions, not used any vpn, multiple computers, etc. I hit restart API sandbox, but again nothing happens in the console it just remains empty. Does anyone have a solution to this?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Could you post a screenshot of your api settings page?  Just in case there is some irregularity that someone can spot there.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also, have you opened your campaign - the api scripts wont load till a campaign is active.
GiGs said: Also, have you opened your campaign - the api scripts wont load till a campaign is active. Yep, I have opened the campaign, and have tried restarting the scripts while the campaign is open. I have also tried creating a new campaign as well, and its the same issue. Kraynic said: Could you post a screenshot of your api settings page?  Just in case there is some irregularity that someone can spot there.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried this while running in an incognito window in Chrome?  Or tried Firefox in case it has different behavior for you?
I actually ran into this same issue today also trying to set up the same API. I've tried all of the above suggestions.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Do any other individual scripts work?  Maybe remove both of those and install something really common like Tokenmod.  If that works, then maybe there is something up with the specific script(s) you are trying to run, or how they are being pulled in by the one click installer.  You could also track them down on github and manually install them to see if that changes anything. Another possibility might be something strange with that game itself.  You could try making a full copy of it and see if the scripts install on that one.
Looking at the image it looks like those scripts are installed but the api sandbox is not starting up. If you delete all scripts does your api show any messages? Other than what kraynic stated as test you can create a test game and install scripts to see if its duplicated. 

Edited 1578978140
Well I'am not 100% sure why this made it work, but it did. So I created a new game, and hit restart sandbox first before adding any scripts, that seemed to get the sandbox to start up, then I was able to add a script, and it is now running in my game. The only thing I still cant do is add any scripts to a game where I added scripts first before restarting the sandbox, even if I delete all the scripts.
Which character sheet are you using for that game that you can't install scripts. I created a test game and noticed for starwars FFG there is an api compatible sheet, the others for FFG are and simple, not sure they would have a impact but they might.
Mark (GM) said: Which character sheet are you using for that game that you can't install scripts. I created a test game and noticed for starwars FFG there is an api compatible sheet, the others for FFG are and simple, not sure they would have a impact but they might. The api compatible script, it was not the character sheet as far as I can tell, I was running into the same issue with common scripts like message of the day with other character sheets.
Yeah might want to email roll20 on that&nbsp;<a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> if you want to have them check out the api for that specific game, otherwise might be easier to just to use the new game and move forward. Not ideal but if you are just getting your game setup, then your not in such a bad spot.&nbsp;
I'm running into the same issue of my API sandbox not responding as well. No response on firefox or chrome. This is using the Forbidden Lands character sheet.&nbsp;