Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Table: Rolling on a table based on the result of rolling on a table

Okay, so the title is confusing... sorry... Here's what I want to do: I have one table of three options (with various weights) - Annoying, Moderate, and Extreme. I need a macro that will roll on this table then, depending on which option they get, roll on the secondary table. Example: I get "Annoying" on my first roll, so I need to roll on the Annoying-Detail table for the actual result. I've been looking around but cannot figure this out. TIA!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You'll need the magic of RecursiveTables for this, which, as a pro user (and hopefully creator of the game in question) you have luxury of having access to :)
Ziechael said: You'll need the magic of RecursiveTables for this, which, as a pro user (and hopefully creator of the game in question) you have luxury of having access to :) Thank you... I'll take a look.
Steven C. said: Ziechael said: You'll need the magic of RecursiveTables for this, which, as a pro user (and hopefully creator of the game in question) you have luxury of having access to :) Thanks - I took a look and I'm guessing I need to have my call to the sub-tables - [[ 1t[Annoying-Detail] ]] - as entries in my first table, but I can't figure out the syntax to get them in there. Can you help?
Cancel that last - I've worked it out... thanks!

Edited 1579303796
@steven, care to post the answer so that others can do the same? (I know I'm not a Pro user, but just so others can access the info too)

Edited 1579309397
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The answer is in in his post that he asked the question in. You put them in just like normal inline rolls.