Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFM] Long Running Group - Sundays 4 PM EST / 1 PM PDT

Edited 1579197719
Hello! I'm  recruiting  for a gaming group that has been playing now for going on 5 years now, meeting weekly. A friend ended up leaving the group recently  and we're hoping to find someone to fill the spot. We'd love to talk to a few people, see who might be a good fit for the group, and find someone to fill the now-empty seat. I've listed some of the general things we are looking for below. If you have any questions, please ask!  Requests Time:  Sunday, weekly. We start at 4pm EST / 1pm PST and play until 10pm EST / 7pm PST.  Dependability:  High. This group has been meeting for over 6 years now - with only a handful of missed sessions for holidays. We understand life happens, but if life happens monthly and you are late to session half the time, that is probably going to be a big point of contention.  Age:  Mid 20s to Early 30s Systems:  Many! We lean towards crunchy systems, but tend to get around. In the past we've played Pathfinder, 5e, Shadowrun 5e, Warhammer Fantasy 2e, Fate, Mutant: Year Zero, Star Wars (The Fantasy Flight Games versions), Shadow of the Demon Lord, Warhammer 40k: Black Crusade, What's Old Is New, Call of Cthulhu 6e, Wild Talents, and probably a few I'm forgetting! This means it's important for you to be able to say "Well, that's not exactly my cup of tea, but I can have fun with it."  Experience:  We'd prefer you have some experience playing tabletops in general, but ultimately the other requirements really carry more weight. Roleplaying:  Active. We really enjoy people who are capable of making a character with flaws and strengths, and some good personality. People who interact with the world without being prompted, make characters that have goals they will pursue regardless of if the GM waves a hook in their face, and who are comfortable getting into trouble, rolling with the punches, or just making narrative moves are highly valued!  The Process:  If you are interested and we're interested, we'll want to sit down and chat / interview before we add you to the group. This will give us a chance to feel out if you are a good fit, or if our style is just going to clash with you and lead to a bad experience for you and us. It also gives you a chance to get a feel for us! Just because we like you, doesn't mean you like us.  Voice:  You must have a headset or a mic. We don't play with video.  Bonuses:  If you can GM, or are interested in GMing, that's always a plus. Right now everybody in the group can, and has, GM'd. The game quality stays highest when nobody is the perma-gm who is burned out all the time - and this is coming from someone who spent years in exactly that role. 
We're still looking for people and interested in hearing who is around! 

Edited 1579486434
I would be interested. Is there anywhere I need to message you for follow up interview? I've been my group's DM for a little over a decade now give or take and roughly in your age group.
Hello Fortuitous, allow me to introduce myself as Obe.  I have been playing D&D - like tabletop games since 2010 and have been roleplaying for years longer than such.  I am also savvy with the Roll20 User Interface as I have played many past games here.  I like the idea of the quality group whose not afraid to take the GM role for every player and I can confidently say I can take up the mantle for such work myself as well.  And although my experience only extends its majority to 5e, Pathfinder and a rare case of Shadowrun and Vampire the Masquerade, I am more than willing to try the waters of other systems for the sake of the group's interest as well as my own.  I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you.
Hey, sorry but we've managed to find our last person! I appreciate the interest from everyone, but I'm afraid we're full up.