Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tokens with char sheets, but independent health bars

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I've created a token for Giant Electric Eel and linked it to a character sheet, then linked the character sheet to the token. This lets me click on the token and access an ability called "Stat Block", which is a chat menu of attacks and stats like parry and armor. But the problem is that when I change bar1 (wounds) on the token, all of the eels are updated. If I disconnect the token from the character sheet, then I can't easily access the Stat Block ability. What's the best way to set this up so that I can drag eels onto the map, quickly access their special attacks and attributes, but have independent wound bars for each?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Classic problems call for classic solutions: Linking Tokens to Journals Video version
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To narrow down to the specific problem: look at steps 4 and 5 of the list in Keith's link. To be specific: when setting your token bar, first click the dropdown to select the attribute it is linked to. Verify the values are correct, then click the dropdown again and scroll all the way up and select None. This sets the bars to the proper value, but then unlinks the bar from the sheet so each token tracks independently. Finally, dont forget to update the default token: Steps 7-10 of the list. Delete the existing default token and set the updated token as default.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Ah, step 5. This is a MapTools level of arcane. Thank you! This helps a lot!