Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Search Results

Scenario: A group of adventurers are searching a room. Is there a way to pre-generate a list of results and automatically whisper that to the players based on the result of their search test?
1579731040
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Take a look at Rollable Tables . If you made a list of results in a table called "Room-Stuff" You could whisper: /w playername [[1t[Room-Stuff]]]
Thank you keithcurtis, But is there a way for me to have a list like DC10 reveals 'x', DC15 reveals 'x' + 'y', and DC20 reveals 'x', + 'y' + 'z' and then have the appropriate results be whispered to the player when they roll for their search?  I know I may be asking a lot, I'm new and I'm trying to figure this out.
1579731564
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You cant do that with a free subscription. You can do it with a Pro subscription (but not automatically - you'd still need to write or ask someone to write a custom script for it). 
ok, thanks for the quick responses!
1579746649

Edited 1579746680
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I use Powercards (3.6.1) and I have an example that does something similar to what you are looking for.  Here is something I whipped up ages ago, when talking about this very subject.  (Click for a better view, stupid tiny 'preview' stuff) The macro could be edited to whisper to people and to require a roll instead of you telling the macro what the best result was.  As stated, this requires a Pro subscription o the part of the game's creator.
Yes!  That is exactly what I am talking about.  I will have to consider a subscription :)  Thank you