Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to use a macro to highlight a natural 19 roll on 1d20?

Hey all, Just wondering if there is a way to make the dice roll show a different colour (either the actual result number, or in a highlighted box like a crit (green) or fumble (red)). Ideally not green or red since those numbers already indicate crits & failures respectively. I am playing a game where your weapon gives a special effect on a natural 19 (on a 1d20 roll) and it would  be awesome if I could make this highlight somehow. I've done some google searching but haven't turned up anything. I fear this might require an API script. But I'm hoping someone might know of a macro method. Cheers!
Steve, One simple solution would be to use a macro such as [[1d20cf<1cs>19]] where cf is used to indicate the fumble on a 1 or less, and cs indicates a critical on a 19 or more.  If you use this simple macro, you could then simply hover your mouse over the dice roll in the chat window to see if it is a 19 or 20 when the roll is highlighted "green". It's not a perfect solution for what you are wanting, but it is close. Cheers, Barry 
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
How about blue for your highlight color? [[1d20cf<1cf=19cs>19]] will color 1's red, 20's green and 19's blue (since they are highlighted for both success and failure). 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Diana P said: How about blue for your highlight color? [[1d20cf<1cf=19cs>19]] will color 1's red, 20's green and 19's blue (since they are highlighted for both success and failure).  That should be a Stupid Trick. Makes me want to play Sub Search ( "near miss!" )
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You got an answer when you asked over here . Did that not work for some reason?
Gold
Forum Champion
keithcurtis said: You got an answer when you asked over here . Did that not work for some reason? LOL keith that is a link to the current thread. Very meta! This gave me a chuckle.
Barry thank you that was a great idea. Dianna you are a genius! THANK YOU IT WORKS PERFECTLY!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Gold said: keithcurtis said: You got an answer when you asked over here . Did that not work for some reason? LOL keith that is a link to the current thread. Very meta! This gave me a chuckle. Good lord, did I just have an old tab open? If so, I apologize and offer to duel myself with pistols at dawn. To satisfy honor. Lord, I'm senile.