Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][D&D 5e][PAID] Stargate SG-1 Roleplaying Game Closed Beta Playtest Saturday 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC

Edited 1579693704
Lex
Pro
I am a GM looking to start a group to playtest the upcoming Stargate Roleplaying Game by Wyvern Gaming. I have played and GMed hundreds of hours of tabletop RPGs, and hosted many one shots on Roll20 as well as successful year-long campaigns. I've recently run successful Tomb of Annihilation, Across Eberron, and Lost Mine of Phandelver campaigns for 5e on Roll20. This campaign requires your consent to a Nondisclosure Agreement If the time/day doesn't work for you, let me know what does! Date: Saturday Time: 12:30 PM CDT / 1:30 PM EDT / 17:30 UTC This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $5 via PayPal for the one session. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements. Why Join My Campaign? Click here to see pictures from my other campaigns! You should consider my campaign because... Custom handouts - dozens of handouts made in Photoshop and pulled from the web make the experience more immersive. Custom tokens - I make tokens for NPCs in Photoshop and have made over 1,000 (!) for my various Roll20 campaigns. Copious battlemaps - I love using the best battlemaps I can find for every important encounter. Scenic pictures - I use evocative images for locations whenever they don't need a full battlemap. This helps establish the feel for the place you are visiting. Dynamic lighting - This is one of the best features on Roll20 and I use it extensively. Dungeons come to life as you manage your torches and carefully peak around every corner. I have macros to quickly swap light sources as needed. Watch your step! Music and ambient soundtracks - I provide a mix of musical scores with ambient tracks overlaid. Macros and Scripts - I use a number of macros and scripts to make the experience more streamlined and eliminate some of the tedium. Tracking arrows, spell slots, and concentration saves. I write many macros myself and can help with custom macros if the players need them. Roll20 Compendium - I have the PHB and XGE shared on Roll20 giving you access to the most important spells, items, and character features to drag-and-drop to your sheet. Background The game picks up after the events of Season 6, episode 9. The Alpha Site is compromised after an attack and the U.S. President and the SGC begin work with freedom fighters from other worlds to establish a new off-world base: Stargate Phoenix. The purpose of the S.G.P. is to train a new kind of team based on the accumulated abilities and knowledge of various races. Campaign Features The session will consist of missions containing exploration, combat, and social encounters. It's a pretty good mix of all three, though leans a bit more heavily on exploration and social encounters. If you've never played D&amp;D 5e before, checkout this video series: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoW2CDgztKY&amp;list=PLJmFJXf3BXjwXkNFo_-iwtHb24AuJcXqx</a> The Basic Rules for D&amp;D 5e contain all the rules you need to get started for free: <a href="http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules" rel="nofollow">http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/basicrules</a> Read the Introduction and Chapters 7-10 (29 pages in total). Character Creation I will have pre-generated characters available for Tok'ra, Human, Aturen, Unas, and Jaffa. It might be difficult to go through character creation for just the one shot, but if you'd really like to make your own we can work through it. Application (3-6 seats total) 17+ only. Voice with Discord is mandatory. Please use push-to-talk. 1) Describe yourself and a bit about your roleplaying experience 2) What do you enjoy most about tabletop RPGs? 3) How did you find my LFG? The directory or the forum? 4) What made you pick my LFG post? 5) Do you accept the payment requirements for this campaign? Why paid GMing? 1. Defray the content costs. I use the money to purchase new RPG adventures, source books, supplement, maps, and the like. 2. Prevent flakes. Players (and GMs) are far more likely to show up and be on time if there's payment involved. 3. It takes a lot of extra time to GM. I spend about 1-2 hours per game-hour prepping. Reading the adventure, taking notes, cross-referencing rules, finding and making tokens, finding and making maps, setting them up in Roll20, adding NPCs to Roll20, going over character sheets, and organizing the session all takes a lot of time outside the game. It's part of the hobby, but as I'm having to put in prep time I'd rather not have to spend so much on the content costs too. LFG Listing
Any Stargate fans wanting to live the show, now's your chance!

Edited 1579804009
Lex
Pro
Still looking for players!

Edited 1580160985
Lex
Pro
Still accepting applications! We have one player so far.