Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat history has no date/time stamps

The current session chat history has nice neat date/time stamps. But when you look at older chat history, it doesn't include date/time stamps which makes it.... not helpful....
Hey Mike L. - Hmmm, that's strange. Can you provide me with the name of the game in which you are seeing this, please? I'll pop in and take a look as soon as I can.
Ghosts of Saltmarsh $5 Thursdays. e.g. Compared to game table: We just finished a session, but it had date stamp for last week's rolls, etc. Until they were in "View all chat entries..."
Hi Mike L. - Ahhh - I see what you are referring to now; that is correct. The external chat archive does not "technically" display date/time stamps. However, they are there and you can actually view them with a little bit of code. Here is a user who posted a solution on how to do so . Outside of that, I'll make sure to bring this up to our dev team so they can understand there is a desire for change within this functionality.
Ok. Um,yeah, so customers having to run custom CSS for basic functionality is...not great.  See also: map pages.  As a DM on a long campaign I routinely have 50 battle maps which means I need custom code for being able to navigate them. This approach of customers having to use custom code for years to add what should be basic functionality is just not great.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Not going to chime in on what should  be, especially since this is being brought up with the devs so is likely to change at some point, but for anyone wanting an easy way to install the style, you can use one click install from here , assuming you have Stylus installed in the first place.